Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Blogging drought.

So there has been a drought since about Christmas time on my blog. I think I can safely say I think the drought is about to break! I have been on my holiday adventure all through Australia over the past month, traveling through the south-western corner of WA and through the southern area of South Australia and finally ending my journey in Adelaide.
I did get a little snap happy over the course of the trip (but I guess most of you would have expected that) and I came back with 2000 photos! (Lucky Chris gave me that new memory card for Christmas) Since we returned on Saturday night, I have been busily sorting through to choose just the best ones to put on my blog and print off for an album. I hope to have a couple hundred which I can upload in the next couple of days. The process has been made slower by the fact that I have had to return to work (at Oates).
As most of you know, Oates is about an hour and a half (driving) for me to get there from home. However, when I returned home from holidays, I discovered that my car is no longer working, the automatic transmission is broken. The mechanic is still trying to work out how much it will cost to fix, but Dad thinks it will be well over $1000. Yesterday, (Monday) I drove Chris's car to work, but today I am being very brave and catching the train. Surprisingly, (on paper) the train only adds about half an hour to my journey, and I get the advantage of being able to relax on the journey to work and back. (Who knows, I might get into a habit of napping on the way!)

*Later that day*

I almost arrived to work late, because the trains were running late, and I missed the connecting bus, It's a bit sucky. Mauris rescued me luckily. He came from work to the train station and drove me to work. I have a bad feeling like I might need to buy another car. =( The train on the way home was not so bad, maybe because I was more relaxed, or because I wasn't worried about the time. The ticket I bought this morning was a weekly ticket, so I feel like I might be throwing away my money if I don't catch the train to work each day this week. =(

No comments: