Monday, January 28, 2008

20 January 2008: Bowling

Today we manged to get our last minute shopping out of the way. We revisited Qipu Lu market (the copy market) to empty our wallets of Chinese RMB. We ventured up a little further than level 2 this time, and found out some of the real prices for copied goods. The levels above level 2 were just like a regular shopping mall! Nobody hassling you to buy their goods, and nobody being too pushy! I liked it. I bought a pair of jeans from a small shop where the lady said "This price. No argue! You want argue, go level 2!" The price was only about AU$20, so I didn't argue. I found a pair I liked, and bought them.
I also went downstairs and bought a new bag to put my laptop in. When we got back to the hotel, I was tired. I started packing everything we had bought into our suitcases. Tomorrow morning we leave for Hong Kong, so I wanted to be all packed.
Chris and I went to the "Sports Bar" in the basement of the hotel later that night. We discovered that they had a pool table, a foosball table, and a bowling alley to play on. We asked how much it was to play some bowling, and the bartender said we just have to buy some drinks. Chris and I bought two drinks and played two games of bowling! it was really fun.
The bowling alley was fun, but not that well maintained. The balls had chips out of them, and the surface of the alley had not been polished. I guess it's a classic example of "you get what you pay for".

No comments: