Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Life + Universe + Everything = 42

[Life + Universe + Everything = 42] If only maths were so easy.
I thought it might be about time for another wordy post, seen as my last
posts are just photos with captions. I should be excused from this
practice, as I have just gotten a new digital camera. It's a Canon IXUS
55, and so far has proven itself to be worth every cent I paid for it. I
ended up getting my baby from JB Hi-Fi for $557 (which Evan maintains is
a waste of money) It came with a official Canon IXUS case, which is
worth about $50, so I figure I paid about $507 for the camera itself.
Not a bad deal really, considering the RRP is $600. The lady was very
nice and threw in an extra microfibre cleaning cloth. After charging up
my new toy's battery, I started shooting loads of photos, and had a play
with the video functions too. The videos I managed to take with it were
quite impressive, and there is cables provided to hook it up to a TV for
replay with sounds and all!!
One of the first things I did with my new IXUS 55 was to take photos of
me in my newly comissioned robin outfit. This was made in preperation
for our rover crew's annual dress up tram party. I helped organise the
evening, and it turned out to be loads of fun. There were lots of people
there, and everyone turned up in costume. I was very excited to find out
that we completely filled te tram to capacity!
The day after the party tram I spent working on my friend's computer
network. Chris and I manged to program the router to sign in
automatically to a bigpond cable internet connection, and then patch
that through to other computers on the network. Quite exciting really.
Then I worked on an assignment for uni that involved posing with my
favourite object (in this case, my Palm). That was hard work. LOL. Not
really, I loved having my photo taken. I got a little grumpy at Chris
though, when he didn't tell me what to do or how to stand. It makes it
very difficult. I will try and post up my completed assignment. It's
going to be on display over in Germany before I go over there.
Speaking of Germany... There is 18 days until I leave for the adventure
of my life. I will fly out of Melbourne on the 13th of November, then we
have a short stop over in Dubai before continuing onto Frankfurt.
This is the last week of classes, so I am trying to be extra good and
take lots of notes in all my lectures. I started a practice exam today,
which seemed easy, but has a couple of curly questions on it that I got
stuck on. My worst exam is up first. It's on the 4th of November, and
will be hard to study for because our lecturer refuses to give us a
formula sheet or a practice exam. The next two exams arent much to worry
about, they are on the 10th of November and the 11th of November. Then I
have one weekend to pack before I leave for Germany.
At the end of this week I have a group assignment due, but Gavin and
Andrew (the other guys in my group) have been great, and seem to have
everything under control. We present a 10 min power point presentation
on Friday that will determine 60% of our mark, or something rediculous
like that. But I think we have it all under control.
Anyway, I had better head off, I have to catch a 7.30am train tomorrow
morning and I need some beauty sleep.
-Andrew

No comments: