Thursday, December 14, 2006

Where is the sky??

Today was a shocking day as far as air quality is concerned. There are bush fires burning out of control in huge slabs of Victorian bushland, so the state is covered in a thick smoke. The smoke was so bad that I could look from one end of the factory and see a haze through to the other side of the factory! That's pretty full on! I just pray that the fire fighters will be able to control the fires soon.
Apart from the huge fires, this week has been very busy in itself. Chris and I spent the weekend going to parties and such, including Claire's 21st, the Kmart Christmas party, the Balloon Sunrise Christmas Party, and Ann's Queen's Scout Presentation. So it was a really busy time! I think I put photos up from most of those events, you may need to scroll down a little before you can see them though.
On Monday, Mauris started working with me at Oates. I picked him up from the station, which actually worked out really well. It makes me less likely to be late. We have been doing well for time, I just have to fine tune my route to work in the mornings and home in the evenings.
Monday was also 18 Plus night, so Chris and I went along and we discussed the idea of a "pub church". It was an interesting idea, and I think it is a great way to look at outreach.
Tuesday night was spent at rovers, discussing some of the finer details for the raft race event to be held early next year.

No comments: