Thursday, April 05, 2007

Highlights coming to the end of lent.

Over the past week, I have had a few highlights which I should have shared, but somehow just never got around to blogging about. The first of these highlights was being able to have Cheyne over for dinner before he left for Canberra. It was lots of fun, and we were able to catch up a little. He was telling me about how he had a couple job prospects in Canberra, but I haven't heard since then weather he got one of the ones he was hopeful about.
On Thursday, Dad called to invite me to go to dinner at Grandma's house with our family and Aunty Lorraine. I thought that sounded like a good idea, so Chris and I went to have dinner with everyone. It was unusual to have so Peter, Phil, Mum, Dad, Chris, Aunty Lorraine, Grandma and myself all in the one place. Aunty Lorraine showed us the doors she painted for Grandma, which were still a tad wet. Fortunately, the house didn't smell like paint. =)
On Friday night, Chris and I had a few friends over for a DVD night. Emma, Fiona, Mauris, John, Jeff, and Tegan came along. We watched Mean Girls, Hoodwinked, and John Tucker Must Die. All of the movies were pretty light hearted, which was good. (Except that John got caught in a laughing fit during Hoodwinked, and needed a smoke to calm down...) I loved being able to show off our house. Chris K and Chris J have done such a good job of arranging everything (and I have done an ok job of directing... lol.) It was great to catch up with everyone. Tegan and Fiona stayed around for ages, which was really nice. I think I got to bed around 3am, but I had a blast.
Saturday evening was Gavin's birthday party! Happy Birthday Gavin!! The party was held at his place, so Chris and I didn't get lost getting there (always a good thing) Lots of my friends from Uni were there, so it provided the perfect opportunity to catch up about each other's lives. It seems that almost everyone is enjoying their IBL experience. Jenny seems to be the one girl who has not gotten into an IBL position. (oh, and maybe Allison....)
Brendan, Jess and Joel had a house warming on Saturday evening as well, which we could only really pop in to say "hi" for. Sunday afternoon, Jess held a tupperware party, so I went along to that. I tried my best to not buy anything new, but I was swindled into a new smaller size rock'n'serve container. It's going to be the perfect size for my lunches. =) (and at $7.50, that's a bargain)
Sunday evening, we went almost straight from the tupperware party to Barbara's birthday. It was held at a hotel inside Melbourne Central. We ate in the "outside" part of the pub, so we had seats overlooking the historic shot tower, and the footpath passing by. There were not too many shoppers at this time of the evening though. I can just imagine how weird it must be during the day, when there are people pushing shopping trolleys past and running around with shopping bags. I sort of want to go back there just to see what it's like.
I think Barbara enjoyed her birthday. I know I did. Unfortunately, Chris K couldn't make it, so we had a spare seat at the table. I somehow got separated from one end of the table, so I ended up having a good chat with Adrian, Rita and Richard.
There was an 80's retro-revival band at the pub which was actually really good. I was surprised. They dressed up in proper 80's clothes, including go-go boots and way too much vinyl!
Chris and I were out again on Monday evening, going to the Upper Room Project at Shine Cafe. I can't remember what issue we talked about.... so I think it was more of a social event. =) Di and Russell filled me in about their latest project... which involves a Racing Red Kombi. =)
Tuesday evening was rovers.... a bit of a non-event if you ask me. We did manage to decide on some details for party tram though. This year's theme will be "Doctors and Nurses"... there is more info to come later, as we finalize all our plans.
Last night was a bit lazy. Chris and I had dinner, then headed over to my parent's place to deliver some easter eggs and a spare battery for the digital camera. Mum and Phil are heading off for a week in the USA to celebrate Grandpa's 80th birthday. I think by the time I post this, they should be somewhere half way across the pacific ocean. Phil was excited about having a 5 hour stop-over in Chicago this time. I wish I was going. =) 
Today I received some bad news... Matthew and Richie's other Grandma died. (So that's Aunty Marion's Mum) Marion called me and asked if I might be able to prepare something for the funeral. I guess she means something that is like a celebration of her Mum's life. I said I would do it, but don't really know what I plan to do. I suppose I will keep you posted.
Life has gotten so busy lately, I have hardly had any time to blog! (that's really unusual) I have been doing a lot of work on a church worship service based around the Micah Challenge and the Make Poverty History movement. I must say that what we have been working on looks really slick, so I suggest everyone come along to the service on the 29th of April. It starts at 10am. =)

No comments: