Thursday, April 26, 2007

Back to the grind after the ANZAC day break

Well, the grind is becoming more and more routine. I guess the good part is that everything that happens outside of that routine should be more special. Somehow, it feels like the things outside of routine are not that exciting either. I do have some exciting news though...
Last Sunday, Chris and I purchased a new washing machine/dryer combo. Now I don't mean a combo as in, a set of two... I mean a combo as in, one machine that does it all. (How exciting!) The particular model we purchased is an LG. The RRP on it was $2200... but we managed to get it down to $1545, so that's quite good. (I was quite proud of  our good negotiation skills.) It's a 8kg washer, combined with a 4kg dryer. =) It also has a cool steam washing function, meaning that you can wash your work shirts and that kinda thing using steam if they are not really soiled, like if they have just been worn in the office for a day or two. The washing machine gets delivered on this coming Saturday morning, just before the linen party. (That could be exciting) So Chris is hoping that we can do a quick load in the morning before the linen party. I am feeling a little more skeptical, I think a load could take a bit longer than that.
The other highlight of Sunday was that I was asked to be on a panel at church. We had to share how stories from the bible can change over time. It was kinda interesting, but cool at the same time.
I have spent most afternoons this week working on stuff for the Make Poverty History thing I am doing at Ferntree Gully UC this coming Sunday. Barbara has been a great help, and I think that we have it mostly under control now.
A highlight I am not so proud of from this week is that last night I got pulled over for talking on my phone while driving. It was a $145 fine, and 3 demerit points. I was so annoyed at the police man, because they pulled me over in a carpark!! They also acted like I must be stupid because I had not seen TV advertisements about driving with mobile phones. It's not my fault that they think everyone watches TV, when clearly that is not the case. Anyways, that's a bit of an annoyance.
Last Saturday, Chris and I went to Krista's birthday party. It was her 21st, and she had the party in a great little cafe that was on a lake. The only problem was that it was in Point Cook! (That's half way to Geelong from the CBD!!) So it took us ages to get there and to get home as well. I think we may have spent just as much time traveling as we did at the actual party. I had a great time though. (even if I did fall asleep on the way home.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got fined in a car park? That's so stupid. :(

Anonymous said...

Sorry to play devil's advocate, but surely you knew you're not allowed to talk on the phone while driving? Get a headset silly!

Ben said...

What's wrong with being fined in a carpark? There's a hell of a lot more pedestrians there than there is on a main road. I'd be more worried about car-on-pedestrian than car-on-car accidents.