Thursday, May 19, 2005

whirlwind week

Wow! this week has been huge. Since I last wrote, I have completed
another stage of my toaster assignment. We are now up to actually
starting to design the toaster. :-D I'm quite pleased about that.
On Saturday night, my venturer leader turned 50, so Slimmo (our
assistant venturer leader) decided to surprise a surprise birthday party
for her! There was well over 100 people there, and we all managed to
stay quiet while she was about to walk into the back yard, so she was
completely surprised! There was a lot of dancing, music and catching up
with friends, so I think she enjoyed the night.
On Tuesday night, Rovers had a $10 night, the idea is if everyone brings
$10 we can have a progressive dinner of fast food outlets! It went well,
and I think we all ate too much. hehe. We ate Chinese, pizza and had way
too much ice-cream for dessert. I think everyone enjoyed it, it was
definitely worth $10 each.
Wednesday I started out my day visiting Kelly's house to pick up the
key. I'm going to be house sitting for her while she and her husband are
on holidays in England. They will be gone for a month, so I will have
the responsibility for watching the house and taking care of the cats.
They have two cats, which don't like each other too much, so I've got to
feed them separately. This could get interesting! hehe. I'm there for a
month, and will only have limited net access, so I might get a bit slack
with posting... :-! I will take plenty of photos and post them when I
get back from house sitting.
Monday was Mum and Dad's wedding anniversary, so we had a special dinner
for that. Also on Monday, we got the information about the Germany trip
for all Product Design students. It sounds so exciting, and we get to
stay right in Berlin, and goto University there! SOO EXCITING!! I'm
already making plans to stay on after all the studying is done so I can
see a bit more of Europe, but we will see how it all goes.
Anyways, I think thats about all the news I have for now. -Andrew

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Berlin! Kerry did that trip, she said it was awesome.

Anonymous said...

I love Berlin! Kerry did that trip, she said it was awesome.

ann-da-panda said...

you are so lucky to go to germany i already miss it. my german news is that one of my friends is coming over for 8 weeks. cool hey?