Monday, January 02, 2006

Beautiful one day, perfect the next

Our family holiday to Queensland has not been exactly what I expected. I suppose that's a good thing, because after I found out I was not allowed to bring Chris, I didnt really want to come. It's just Dad, Phil and I up here at the moment.
We are staying in Loganholm, just south of Brisbane. The reason for making this 3 day drive up to Queensland was to spend some time with Dad's sister and her family. We are staying in their house, on the Logan river. My cousin, Doug, has been really good the last couple of days, and shown us around Dreamworld and Surfer's Paradise.
Dreamworld is a themepark, sort of like a mini Disneyland. There is stuff for all the family there, but we were mainly interested in the thrill rides. I was very brave and went on all the "High Thrill" marked rides that were on the park map. I even went on the giant drop, which is a free-fall from a giant tower. The scariest part about that ride was that they dont warn you when the ride is about to begin falling!
The weather up here has been just perfect for the beach, and we have gone twice. Today we went swimming in a "rock pool" in the river. It wasnt the Logan river though, it was closer to Surfer's Paradise. After swimming, we drove through Surfer's Paradise, and stopped at the timezone there. They had a deal where you could play unlimited games for an hour for only $12. That included LazerForce!
So we've been having lots of fun up here. I think our time with our Aunty and Uncle will be limited though, because we are planning on taking a few detours on the way home to see Sydney and Coff's Harbour. Hopefully it will be just as fun as it is up here in sunny Queensland.
-Andrew

No comments: