Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Getting back into the rut

As you can see from all the photos, my holiday up the east coast was nice and sunny. There were lots of chances to sit around and soak up the sun, but I was very good and wore sunscreen most of the time. When we arrived back from Sydney, I went to Phillip Island and Mirboo North with Chris. The weather was colder, but somehow I managed to get burned! I can never win..
The reason for our trip to Mirboo North was for a 21st birthday. One of my close friends from primary school had his birthday party with his twin sister. They moved to Mirboo North when I was in about grade 5 or 6 I think. Since then, I have really only seen him a couple times. Mostly for birthdays and sometimes when I have been just passing through during the holidays. Peter has all but finished his mechanic apprenticeship, and seems to be enjoying making plans for the future. He has his own racer now, and still helps his Dad work on his racer.
The party was on Saturday night, so Chris and I decided to make a weekend out of it. We stayed at a lovely bed and breakfast just outside the main township, and as it turns out, the house we were staying in used to be owned by one of Peter's friend's Grandparents! I guess I shouldn't be so surprised, considering it was a pretty small country town and all. I quite enjoyed the weekend.
Chris went back to work on Monday, and I headed off to the airport to collect Mum. She has spent the holidays in the USA, visiting family over there. She seemed to have enjoyed her break, and was glad to see Phil and me again.
The rest of the day was spent at home, just organizing my room a little. Peter and Phil want me to swap out of my bedroom and take their room instead. They have the smaller room, so I guess it's only fair. I don't want to give up my closet though! I'm not sure weather the swap will go ahead or not, but I hope whatever happens it isn't too painful.

No comments: