Thursday, May 03, 2007

The weekly review.

I think my blog posts are becoming more and more spaced out. =( It's not good. Since last week, the main highlights were over the weekend. Chris and I had a linen party at our house, which was lots of fun. Lots of people came along, and I think everyone had a good time. Norma, the linen lady, had trouble getting through all the products, because everyone kept cracking jokes and laughing too much. =)
So thanks to everyone who came along to the party. (Apologies for forgetting to invite Daniel.) I just wish Mum would have come, I think she would have liked to see everyone there enjoying themselves.
I have been living out of home now for two and a half months. I have had a tupperware party, a linen party and we have a housewarming party coming up. Yet still Mum and Dad refuse to come and visit me. It's like they don't want to know me unless it's on their conditions. What ever happened to loving people for who they are and respecting other people? Why can't they just get over themselves?
On Sunday, Barbara and I ran worship at church. We focused on the Micah Challenge and the Make Poverty History campaign. I am so glad that it's over. I spent hours getting things ready for the service. The prayer stations took quite some time to prepare, and the slideshow to go with the rest of the service took quite a few train trips to make! I think in the future, I am not going to be such a perfectionist with the slideshow presentation. (And I am not going to choose a font that is only available in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.)
Also over the weekend, the washing machine arrived. Chris has been using it nearly non-stop! It has so many features that I think I am going to have to sit down and actually read the manual!
On Monday, Koorong had 15% off store wide, so Chris and I visited and we bought a few CDs using the gift voucher that Heather and Chris K gave me for my birthday. I have yet to listen to them all, but I have added them to my iTunes music library. This prompted me to start organizing my iTunes library properly. I spent an hour on it last night. I even went to all the trouble of naming all the compilation albums that Jeff gave me.
Tuesday evening was very exciting. Chris and I went to see Cirque du Solieu (or however you spell it...) using the tickets that I was given for my 21st. (Thanks churchies) The performance was amazing, and I can now say it's defiantly a "must see". The performance was more like dancing, but without having your feet on the floor. It was like dancing in the air. (So Beautiful)

No comments: