Monday, February 20, 2006

Busy, Busy Boy.

My last post concluded with lunch on Friday at TGI Fridays. (How odd that we went there on a Friday) That evening I worked at Kmart.
Saturday was a reasonably busy day too. In the morning I helped Mum clean out the games cupboard in the kitchen to make way for the new china hutch. Dad decided we needed one to store all our plates and things in. I dont know how many plates we will actually put in it, but it isnt a bad idea. There is one little thing he's overlooked though, and that is to find a new home for the old cupboard. Maybe we should list it on freecycle. The new hutch is in our kitchen now, and looks good. I then went to Chris's place for lunch before going shopping at Knox. I bought a new shirt. It was a pretty good deal, because they had marked it down so much and had a %off sale on. The shirt cost me only $13.80 and looks awesome. Chris didnt buy anything, but it was nice to go shopping with him and just spend a little time. That night, there was a party at church to celebrate paying off our mortgage. All the church buildings are now paid for! There was lots of party food, party games and dancing. Quite an enjoyable night. Seen as the church party ended earlyish, we went along with Jeff and John to see a movie. Apparently it was pretty new; "Date Movie" is one of those films you arent even supposed to try to take seriously. It insulted almost every romantic comedy ever made.
Sunday was busy again, with church in the morning, followed by lunch then church again. Morning church was quite good, it was great to see Allison out and about on her new electric scooter. For lunch, I picked up Ann, and we cooked vegetarian food for Chris and his family. It turned out quite tasty in the end, even though Ann and I could only vaguely remember how to make fritatta (or however you spell it). Following lunch, we all went to the maroondah festival for a little while.
When I returned to my car after the festival, I found that a screw had decided to puncture my tyre! For the first time ever, I was required to change a tyre! It was quite funny, and Chris graciously stood around laughing and taking photos while I struggled with the stupid car. After the tyre was replaced, we had to rush to church, picking up Barbara along the way. I was surprised, we were only 20 mins late. (Thats a good effort considering the eventful afternoon)
This morning I have spent preparing for my worship service on the 5th of March. I am supposed to do the planning and preparation.

No comments: