Saturday, February 18, 2006

The weekend is finally here.

Valentines Day turned out to be a bit hectic for me. I was called in to work in the evening, and it turns out that all the desperate people without dates were attempting to shop away their sadness. So it turned out to be an interesting night at work. One customer even asked if he could borrow my pen to write in a card he had just bought. (I guess he must be one of those last gasp people)
The day after Valentines Day (does that have a special name too?) was rather eventful too. I went to the mall to have a look at a phone I was considering getting, and the salespeople were so nice and friendly I actually bought it! So my new baby is a Nokia 6280, on the three network. I tried to watch some online videos as soon as I got my phone, and it all worked seamlessly! The only interesting thing with the reception on three is that I roam when i am at home. I guess thats a good thing, because it stops me working up my "planet 3" bill while I am at home.
After I adopted my new baby, I went to Shane's house to watch a few DVDs. We watched about 4 or 5 episodes of Family Guy. I had never seen it before, but I found it really funny, I should try and catch it on TV more often... or burn Shane's DVDs. DVD watching had to end at about 4.30 so I could beat the traffic home.
That evening Chris and I went to dinner and to see a movie. we went to see "Keeping Mum". It has Rowan Atkinson in it, but he plays a role that I didn't really expect. The movie was great, but you have to watch it without any expectations at first.
Friday morning I walked to the train station and caught the train to Uni. I met the guys from Germany in there, and we worked together to prepare our exhibition about our adventures. The morning went well, and we managed to set up the space as we wanted it. Linda, Mauris, Leon, Diana, Felicia and I went to lunch once we were finished setting up. We went to TGI Fridays in the Jam Factory, I had never been there before, but they had MASSIVE helpings.

1 comment:

ann-da-panda said...

well you are far to easily convinced to part with your money but hey if it makes you happy :) i am glad you liked the film