Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Long Weekend

Now, I know a week has past since my last post... Actually, more than a week. There have been alot of changes in that week, starting off with me making my return to work at Kmart. Nothing much has changed at Kmart since I left for Germany. There are two new people, who both seem very nice, I guess they were hired to replace me over the Christmas period. The other change in my life is that my bedroom is now in Peter and Phil's old room. We swapped bedrooms because Phil said he and Peter needed the bigger room now that David moved out. I guess they are right, so I'm mostly all moved across the hall. I just need to buy a bookcase so I have somewhere to put my textbooks for Uni.
Thursday the 26th was Australia Day, a public holiday for almost everyone I think. Because it fell on a Thursday, many people decided to take the Friday off too, creating a long weekend. Mum and Dad decided to do this, and they took Phil down to Phillip Island in the caravan for a couple days. From what I can gather, it wasnt very good weather for the beach. I wasn't able to go, because I had work on Saturday and Sunday which needed attending to. Also, Friday night was Rachel's 21st Birthday Party, I couldn't miss that for the world!
Rachel's 21st was the highlight of the week. It was a cocktail party hosted at the Jenkinson's house. Everyone made an effort to get dressed up for the party, and we have photos to prove it. Chris and I were the designated papperatzi for the evening, so many happy snaps were taken during the night.
Chris and I got Rachel two turtles for her birthday, because her last turtle (named Flea-Flea) ran away.

No comments: