Monday, March 20, 2006

Sports mad

Well it seems like all of Melbourne has gone sports mad this week. Well, everyone except Scotty, but thats another story. In a way I guess it is good that we are all getting into the spirit of the games, after all the cash our state and federal governments have dumped into having it here.
Yesterday I went to see the shooting. The event was double trap, mens and womens divisions. Much to my surprise, the shooting is actually a really enjoyable spectator sport. We cheered on as our aussie boys won gold in their competition. The aussie girls did not go as well, not even making it onto the podium. I'm not quite sure what happened there, because they only handed out a gold and silver medal. What happened to bronze? Anyway, congratulations to the English girls, who took gold in the womens double trap. Good work.
For the next couple days I have a break from the commonwealth games fever, because I have to concentrate on uni work. Wednesday is the next event I am attending. Its the athletics, at the MCG, I dont know what particular events will be that day though. Should be fun.
On Thursday I am starting a stint of house sitting at Kelly's house. Kelly goes to FTG church, and asked me to feed the acts and keep an eye on the house for her while the family is on holiday. I have house sat there before, and nothing too traumatic happened, so this time should be ok too.
When I get home, I will upload photos of all the action at the shooting events.

No comments: