Saturday, September 23, 2006

First week of "Holidays"

Well, the first week of the holidays has been just as busy as school during the semester! No rest for the wicked I suppose. One good thing is that it's a different kind of busy....
Last Friday after retail design class, I had a splitting headach, so I headed straight home and crawled into bed. I slept for more than 12 hours straight! In the morning, I still felt all clogged up, so I went to see the doctor about my suspected ear infection. He had a look, and said that I have a sinus infection. How typical is it that as soon as I get some time off, I get sick?
The doctor gave me some anti-biotics, and sentenced me to a week of bed rest. (Good luck getting a week!) I canceled 3 shifts at work just so I could stay home for Saturday and Sunday, but that didn't mean I got any bed rest. On Saturday afternoon, I went down to Knox City to talk to the people at the Three shop. My phone had stopped working *AGAIN* and so I had to take it for repair.
Sunday morning I went along to church, and was ready to work on ideas for the SIEVX pole, but nobody else was there to work on it. So I went home and had a nap. I missed Chris this weekend. I was doing so much sleeping that I couldn't really get out of the house to see him. Sunday evening Chris came over before church to say hello, but couldn't stay long. (It's not fair)
Monday probably should have been another day of bed rest, but no such luck. I had to goto uni for the first day of a 2 day intensive workshop learning 3D Studio Max. We learned how to position lights, and render things with sexy shadows, and import documents from SolidWorks. It was pretty cool, but the bed rest would have been nice. By the end of the day I was pretty tired, so I went home and relaxed before heading off to 18plus. Kat and Jas brought their chocolate fountain to 18plus, so we all ate chocolate and fruit for a little while before watching another nooma DVD.
Tuesday was a very eventful day, with my final interview for Ford scheduled for 12.30 in Geelong. It wouldn't have been such a big deal, except that I was planning to take citylink, and due to a power failure, the tunnel was closed! This caused havoc in the city, every street was chockas! It took me about 2.5 hours to get to Geelong. Luckily I was in Chris's car, so I made it there without breaking down.
I feel that the interview went well. Some of the questions I probably could have answered a bit better, but I am not too worried about it. The interviewing panel were all very nice, and seemed keen to find out more about what my interests were. I will find out in the next couple of weeks if I was successful with my application for a position in the IBL program there.
Following the interview, I thought it would be nice to go and say hello to Russell, but I called him and it was not such a good time. Maybe next time.
I drove home, and then decided to get a haircut, so I went to the hairdresser and got my hairs snipped. They all look nice and neat and tidy now.
Tuesday evening, I finally got around to doing my tax, and found that I can get the entire amount kept by Kmart back. Chris and I went to dinner at a Chinese place in Lilydale, and then headed off to the rover's business meeting.
Wednesday was supposed to be my quiet day when I could make some headway on uni work and church stuff,but no such luck. I ended up spending the day at my computer doing graphic design stuff for Tolly's present. As a gift for his 21st birthday, Jess organized the rovers to give him some "hot laps" in a V8 off-road buggy. The gift was a rather un-impressive looking voucher, so I made up a nice certificate for the occasion. (See the photos for the look on Tolly's face when he unwrapped the gift! Priceless.)
Wednesday night is Tolly's night off work, so Liam and I had organized a surprise birthday party for him. Things went off really nicely once we finally got Tolly there, but that's only thanks to Liam's quick talking. The plan was to get Tolly to goto rovers, then for them to pretend to be doing a drop night and blindfold him bringing him to the restaurant. At about 4pm in the afternoon, Tolly decided it would be a good idea to goto Kendo instead of rovers that night. Liam and I put our heads together and managed to put together a plan, which involved calling the Kendo instructor and telling him to "cancel" the night's classes.
The evening was lots of fun, and I think in the end that Matt was VERY surprised.
Thursday was 3D Studio Max classes at uni again, followed by work.
Friday I spent all day working on preparations for church worship on Sunday. I am supposed to be leading the service. I think I am all sorted out now. I have written up all the bits, and I have organized people to read most of them. I visited Heather to run my ideas past her, and she seems to think I have done ok, so fingers crossed for Sunday.
Friday night, Chris and I went to The Peel for Cori's birthday, and managed to have a really fun time. We also spent a few minutes wandering up and down smith street, looking at places where I might be able to host my 21st birthday party.

No comments: