Saturday, September 02, 2006

Goodbye Winter!

Well, today is the second day of spring and I can't wait for summer to
roll around! All this spring fever is making me feel so happy!
The big news is that my presentation for my tapware assignment went
really well... Even though I had only prepared notes in electronic form
for my speech. I think I did really well. (I hope my marks reflect my
positive glow about the project)
Cheyne came and visited me for lunch on Thursday at uni and stayed
around to work on my SolidWorks FEA project (even though I think the
majority of our time was spent on myspace.com) Cheyne has finally gotten
a three phone, so we will be able to message and call for free! What fun
that will be.... (wow, we are so cheap)
Also, I have other big news that is not quite so up-beat. I was driving
to work today (Ballooning work in the city) when Bruce died. He was
going along the freeway and just died! I tried to press the accelerator,
but nothing happened, and I tried to press the brakes, but soon realized
that the break boosters were gone too..... I managed to get Bruce over
to the side of the road, and called Chris. After much fussing, I walked
out the on ramp of the freeway and tried to find where I was.
I was in Kew. I walked to a 24 hour petrol station that was just down
the street and called a cab. I caught the taxi into the city, and
managed to meet with Riana at the launch site. Riana is new, and this
was her second time in the city for ballooning. I was supposed to be
showing her the ropes, but it seemed that she had it pretty much under
control from the word go... =) Emma will be happy.
I caught the train home, and am looking forward to Tim and Marion's
engagement party this afternoon. (I am sure there will be photos!)

No comments: