Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Holidays?

Why is it that the holidays seem to be busier than the term time? I have been rushed off my feet, and I haven't managed to get anything done for uni.
Last time I wrote was on Friday night? Anyways, since then I have uploaded some photos. These happy snaps are from a couple of events, one being Trish and Nikki's house warming party. The house warming party was on Saturday night, and proved to be really fun. I had never been to Trish & Nikki's place before, so it was a bit of fun actually finding where abouts it was in the estate! Once we got inside, it was massive, with 3 bedrooms upstairs, and 3 bathrooms. I thought it was quite amusing that they had more toilets than tenants.
As the night marched on, people came and left. About half way through the night a couple people started playing Singstar on the Playstation 2. I had never played before, and so I wanted to have a go. I didn't do too badly for my first attempt, but didn't really come into my own until we sang The Veronicas. (LOL, clearly we play that CD too much at work.) Al and Joel attempted a Sonny and Cher duet, with mixed results. I think once Joel picked up the tune they did ok.
All in all, it was a really fun party, and the house is now officially warmed.
On Sunday morning, I was taking the service at Ferntree Gully Uniting. Although it was referred to as 'the world's shortest church service' I think it went well. The message was short and succinct, and I think the congregation went ok with the songs I chose to use. Most of the music was new, and the thing that surprised me is that after the service, the people who I thought would lease enjoy the songs said they really enjoyed them. =)
Following church on Sunday, Chris and I went to John and Jeff's house for lunch. It was nice to be able to catch up, but sometimes I wish we lived closer. I ended up staying too long for lunch, and was late back to the church for Youth Discussion Group. We were planning the church service to be led by the youth in Ferntree Gully and Scoresby later in the year. Daniel and Heather pretty much had it under control by the time I got there, and Diana canceled the next engagement, which was to work on the vending machine at her place after the Youth Discussion Group.
All of a sudden I had a free afternoon before me, what was I to do? I filled in the majority of the time by working on the SIEVX pole for church. I think we almost have the design down pat now. The pole has been painted white, so we are all set to begin painting later this week.
Monday morning was ballooning, for the first time in about 3 weeks! The weather has been really crappy lately, because of the wind in the mornings. After work I was really tired, so I had a nap.
Mum had a day off work on Monday, so we decided to go bowling. (see photos) Bowling was really fun, and I think it was possibly the first time Mum had bowled in about 15 years or something. She scored about the same as me though, so I don't know weather I am a bad bowler or if she is just a natural. Peter and Phil beat both of us, with Peter scoring 160-something in one of the games.
As part of the bowling pack we purchased, you get a free token to play the arcade games. I used my token in one of those skill tester machines, and actually won a prize! (That fluffy dice keyring will come in handy, I'm sure)
Monday night was 18plus, and was also Helen and Nicole's birthdays. We had cake and pass the parcel, as well as the normal discussions from the nooma studies.
Tuesday was another fairly full on day. I went to work in the morning, then headed over to Claire's place to work on the SIEVX pole a bit more. I then went to a BBQ that Joel and Al were hosting at there house. It was lots of fun, and we played street cricket. I finished off the day by going to rovers with Chris. It was a movie night, so we watched Barnyard. It was a pretty cool movie, with some very slick animation.

No comments: