Thursday, October 05, 2006

Back to the grind (it hurts)

Well, after a short break from uni, on Monday I got to see everyone
again. I think the common consensus about the holidays was that they
were too short and too busy. I can certainly agree with that comment.
Thinking about what has happened since the last time I wrote, the
highlights would have to be celebrating Chris K's birthday, painting the
SIEVX pole, and finishing house sitting for Barbara.
Chris's birthday was fun. We had a BBQ on Friday afternoon, but it was
during the day so CJ couldn't come along. On Monday night Chris K, CJ
and I went out for dinner to mark the occasion. We went to go and see a
movie afterwards, which turned out to be better than I had anticipated.
We went to see Stormbreaker, which is a movie about a "14 year old boy"
who becomes a secret agent. The story is pretty far fetched, but it is
entertaining. The guy playing the main character looked a lot older than
14.
Claire and I pained the design onto the SIEVX pole this week at church.
The design features ferns, flowers and butterflies. The design was
chosen because it reflects the place that we live in. We completed it on
Sunday afternoon. It turned out a lot better than I had though, and
hopefully, will look great when it's put up in Canberra. The ceremony
will be taking place some time in October, I can't remember the exact
date though.
House sitting was fun, but I am convinced that keeping animals is a lot
harder than anyone will ever admit. Chris and I kept the three cats, and
the dog at Barbara's place fed. I think we didn't give them enough
attention though, especially Frankie the dog. I don't think they were
used to the odd hours Chris and I keep either, because they never wanted
to eat at the times when we fed them. (And they say humans get stuck in
their ways!)
As I mentioned earlier, this Monday was the first day back at uni for
students. It sucked majorly. We recieved another assignment on Monday,
and yet another on Wednesday! This brings the total number of
assignments to five I think. How odd, when I am only doing three
subjects? I don't think I am going to enjoy the next few weeks, because
none of the assignments are trivial or small either. They are all major
ball breaking ones.
Another little snippet of news is that my last exam is on the 22nd I
think. That means that I am going to have to push the date I was
planning for my 21st back a week. The date I want to have it now is
around the 24th of November. *So keep that date free* I have no idea
where I am going to have it, so I have to get cracking and book somewhere.

No comments: