Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Party Tram

The biggest thing that has happened over the weekend was the Bill
Rutherford Rover Crew's Party Tram event. It happened on Saturday night,
and essentially is a party on a tram that travels from Vermont South to
Port Melbourne and back, with a few detours through the CBD along the way.
Chris and I helped organize the decorations for the night, and we made
the tram look awesome (even if I do say so myself). I was a little
disappointed with people's unimaginative costumes, but perhaps we could
blame the theme that we chose for that. I have uploaded some photos from
the night, so have a look, everyone seemed to have a great time. I am
sort of glad that it's all over for another year though, so now I can
focus on my studies a little more... That's the theory at least.
Speaking of my studies, I feel it is appropriate to have a little winge
about all the work we have been getting lately. Why is it the last
fortnight of semester, and we are still learning new material? Almost
everyone else is revising, but not PDE students at Swinburne, we are not
allocated any revision time at all! Apparently, that's what SWATVAC is
for. Unfortunately, the Industrial Designers who are running the other
half of the PDE course think that SWATVAC is just an extension of the
semester, and they can run projects overtime into the SWATVAC period. I
have my doubts as to weather this should be allowed by the rest of the
university community, as it just highlights the incompetence of the
design teachers and coordinators. As it stands at the moment, I have
been rushed off my feet all semester trying to earn marks for design, so
much so that I am afraid I have been neglecting the engineering
subjects. Now I find out that due to the design studio project running
overtime, I am only going to get a week to study for each engineering
subject, when I was anticipating at least two or three.
I'll shut up about uni work now.
In non-uni related news, Chris and I went to 18 plus last night, and I
managed to distribute some more birthday party invitations. I will have
to mail out a couple I think. I have started to receive RSVP's too,
which I think is rather exciting. I can't wait until the 22nd of
November... **LAST EXAM** YAY!
I think that's all the big news from my life at the moment, so until
next time... =) keep on keeping on.

No comments: