Saturday, October 28, 2006

Weeks 11 and 12.

Time really flies these days, it seems like I only posted stuff just
yesterday, but looking back through my blog, it has been nearly two
weeks! So I am sitting here on the train on my way to uni trying to
figure out what I have done that is of note over the last two weeks of
the semester.
Ooh, before I get too distracted, someone asked me what the theme for
party tram was (as I didn't specifically mention it on my blog) The
theme was "South of the Border".
Now, back to what's been happening over this past two weeks. I have been
working very hard on presentations and folios and projects and reports
that were all due in very close together. It has been a most stressful
time. It almost feels like I start working on my laptop in the morning
when I get on the train, and don't stop working until i fold down the
lid before going to bed. Why is it that the convenience of being able to
work ANYWHERE at ANYTIME quickly turns into the burden of being expected
to work EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME. I shouldn't complain that much, I do
it to myself.
One of the memorable events of this past week was an "idiot moment" I
had the other day while I was at work. I was taking photos in the Yarra
Valley for the first time in ages, and I managed to screw it right up. I
accidentally twisted the focus ring on the camera instead of the zoom
ring, and when I got back to the office, I discovered that all of my
beautiful photos were fuzzy! I was so annoyed at myself. To my surprise,
people still bought them, although I am sure I could have gotten more
sales if I had not screwed it up so much.
Another memorable event of this last two weeks was Cheyne's birthday.
Chris and I took Cheyne out for his birthday last Friday to a place
Chris found online. They had a great location on the waterside at
Docklands, but it's just a shame that the food was a little
disappointing. First, they didn't have what I had wanted to order,
because they had not bothered to buy and crocodile. Then I ordered
kangaroo, which was quite nice, even though it was served on a bed of
mashed sweet potato. The odd thing about the meal I eventually ordered,
was the mashed sweet potato was served chilled. I am not entirely sure
weather it was supposed to be chilled, or if the chef just forgot to put
it in the microwave, but it seemed a little odd.
Saturday night we ate out again, having dinner with Ryan at another
restaurant Chris had discovered online. This one was a lot different.
For a start, they were a pancake place, so most items on the menu were
not overly unusual. The menu was very reasonably priced, and the staff
there were unbelievably friendly. I had a good time, and I am sure Chris
and Ryan did too.
On the educational side of things, everything is going swimmingly. On
Monday, Jenny and I delivered a presentation about the manufacturing
process of a M20 bolt. I think the presentation went well, but most of
all, I am relieved that it's over. Wednesday was another day that I was
stressed out about an assignment. I had to hand in a plastics re-design
assignment. I'm not sure how well I completed it, but I sure am glad
it's over.
Today (Friday) the retail design assignment is due in. Another
presentation goes along with that, so let's hope it goes ok.
Rovers on Tuesday night was something a bit different. We went to a
circus school! I learned how to do the tight rope, juggle scarves, walk
on stilts, and do some trapeze tricks. There will be some photos added
shortly, as soon as Tim can get them to me on a CD.

No comments: