Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Howard's back.

The big news this week is that John Howard has returned for a fourth consecutive term in office. Our local member is Jason Wood, it's his first term. Jason even managed to get his photo in the paper above the fold, along with the PM. I imagine he would be pleased. The Liberal party also scored a majority in the upper house, so people are nervous that they will be able to pass any bill they want. The next couple of years should be interesting.
A little closer to home, Dad is helping me out with my model lamp. We have bought all the wood we need, and Dad has started laminating it together. Hopefully on thursday Dad can teach me how to turn it properly on the lathe at Grandpa's house. The wood we are using is high density fibreboard, or HDF. I have used MDF (medium density) before, and thought we should use that, but dad says that HDF will be easier to turn. It sure is alot heavier!
Last night I was 'squired' into rovers. It's kind of like being welcomed offically to the crew, then after you complete training, you are invested, and become a full member. Judging by how long it has taken to be squired, i'm not holding my breath to be invested. There are a few activities I have to complete before then.
The weather here is turning hot, the past few days have seen 30 degree days, and a hot north wind. There is alot of pollen in the air, and i hear quite a few sniffles on the train.
Only 2.5 weeks left of school! (but who's counting?) I spend so much of my time at uni or working on uni projects, I dont know how I will fill the holiday time. Maybe I should take up running, or fix up my bike and go cycleing more often. I realised how unfit I have become last sunday, when I got puffed out from walking 200m up a steep hill. I blame my car, it has stopped me from walking as much as i used to. lol.
-Andrew

2 comments:

ann-da-panda said...

hmmm howard hey. good ol´ johnnie. well i finished school today at 1:00. for the holidays i think i will go to paris and london. then come back and go to a halloween sleep over with rovers. enjoy your school.

Anonymous said...

:-(
-Tegan