Monday, October 25, 2004

Jaycar are LIARS

Well, it's Monday yet again, it is hard to believe that this is the last week of the semester! I can count my projects and tests on one hand, as the year winds up. It's a good feeling, but I am not looking forward to one of my exams. Mechanics of structures is not one of the funnest subjects, but my other 2 exams shouldn't be to bad. So as the year winds up, I am putting the finishing touches on my lamp project. This weekend I painted my lamp some more, and managed to get a color coat onto one part. I'm really happy with the color, and with all the layers of primer I sprayed on, the fnish is almost flawless. I think Dad is surprised at how much time goes into finishing and spraying every part. There is one more part that has to be made for my model to be complete, This is to be made from clear plastic, and this morning dad has gone hunting for the material to make it out of. I went hunting for the perfect variable resistor, but had no luck. I even called ahead to the electronics shop, and they said they would have them, but as soon as I got there, they all denyed having any knowlege of my phone call, and as it turns out, they don't have what I need. I was not very happy with that, but Dad recons he knows a place that sells ones like I need, and so he's going to have a look there later today.
-Andrew.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always get a name. Learnt that from the Ikea saga.
-Tegan