Monday, July 24, 2006

The long arm of the law.

I had a little scrape with the long arm of the law on Saturday night, following dinner at the Manhattan. I was driving Chris's car from the restaurant to Grandma's house when I got ushered into the booze bus. They asked me to blow into the machine so that they could test my breath, so I did..... and guess what he did! He asked for my license and said that I had blown a reading on the breathalyser. So I had to get out of the car, and follow the officer to the booze bus where I would have to take another breath test, on one of the proper machines (not the hand-held ones). I waited for what must have been about 45 minutes outside in the freezing cold before they could take me into the booze bus. I was wearing only a light shirt, and some jeans, so by the time I got into the bus, I was most appreciative of the heating! Once I finally got around to blowing on the proper breath testing machine it read 0.00 BAC, so I was safe to drive away, but oh boy, what an adventure! I don't want to have to go through that again.

No comments: