Saturday, July 01, 2006

Since Wednesday

Last time I wrote was on Wednesday, after returning from delivering
phonebooks. I spent the rest of that afternoon fiddling on my
computer, trying out different skins on my blog. I found some nice
ones at blogskins.com, but I felt a little bit funny about just
slapping someone else's work onto my website. I decided that I should
try and make my own one, using Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
Thursday I spent the day fiddling with photoshop before I had to run
to work at Kmart. I went for lunch with Cheyne, and managed to get to
the tail end of a meeting at church after work.
Friday I started a new job, working with my uncle. He works for a
company that designs pergolas and decking. I will be helping out with
the drafting work while I am on holidays. I started off with just some
basic filing and other office stuff, because we couldn't find the
AutoCAD CD so that I could install the drafting program and get
started.
I left work around lunchtime, then Phil and I went shopping for
laptops. Dad decided he needs one, so we were searching around to see
what's out there. I found a nice SONY one I think Dad should get, but
I doubt he will.. it would be too fashionable for him...
Last night I went to see "The Break Up" with a group of people from
church. It was a really weird movie. It has funny moments, but also
has some tragic moments too. It's not really a happy ending, but I
guess there are a few issues covered during the film. I couldn't
identify with some of the issues, having never been through a major
break up. I hope I don't have to go through one either.
After the movie, we headed over to the Pancake Parlor for some
ice-cream and drinks. It was some good social time. Russell and Di
joined us for some ice-cream too, which I didn't expect.
Di and Russell are planning to drive to NCYC in Perth, but somehow I
don't know how keen Di is on the idea. I suggested that Di and I could
catch the plane over together, while Russell and Chris drove across
the desert. I don't know if that will happen or not. LOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi - where's the picture!