Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Scavenger hunt

Tuesday night for rovers was an activity I organised. I had mapped out
a set of clues for a sort of scavenger hunt through Little Chinatown
and the Greek precinct. Chris, Brendan, Kimba, Tim and I all met under
the giant pocket watch at Melbourne Central. (I couldn't believe that
Tim was not familiar and had trouble finding it, he calls himself a
Melbournian!)
I had hoped that more of the rover crew would show up, but no such
luck. Apparently, "it's too cold in the city in winter" and "the city
is just too far". I should probably point out that it's not too far
for me to have to drive to Mudbash so I can visit them for an hour,
when it takes over an hours drive to get there! Not to mention that
there was no complaining about the sub zero temperatures at Mudbash,
but when it's in the city (which is statistically a warmer location)
it's "far too cold". The excuses were not the only thing that annoyed
me, it was the fact that three weeks ago, these same people were
complaining that we didn't do any activities away from the den! The
first activity I plan that is away from the den gets basically
boycotted because it's not at the den. Is anyone ever going to be
happy?!!
I will stop my little rant.
Once we actually got started on the scavenger hunt, everyone seemed to
enjoy themselves. The first couple of clues (which I thought were
pretty easy) posed a problem for people who didn't know what QV was,
or how to get to it. It was at this point that I realised I clearly
have a shopping addiction. The rest of the clues were pretty straight
forward though, we even stopped along the way to sample some Greek
food and some Chinese food.

1 comment:

ClairePhillips said...

Hey wally,

any chance of sending me a copy of the scavenger hunt? do u reckon it would be too hard for scouts to do?

Claire