Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Reflections: Week 5

Last week was week five of semester. There are 12 weeks in each
semester, so we are nearly half way through. This is a really scary
thought in itself, but is made even more scary because we will have
assignments and tests very soon. I'm not sure how I will cope. The
majority of this week was spent working on my tapware project. Linda
showed me how I should render my images using PhotoWorks and I made some
smexy layouts in illustrator. I spent some time over the weekend working
on some of the more technical aspects of the faucet, including
engineering drawings.
One of the highlights of the week was going back to regular 18 plus
meetings on a Monday night. I didn't realise how much I missed everyone
from the group until after I had not seen them for a month! So it was
great to be able to catch up with everyone and just spend some time
together.
Another highlight was that on Wednesday I went to see "The Lake House"
with Chris and Brendan. (Brett was supposed to come along too, but
dipped out at the last minute.) We went to the usual place, in Boronia,
and had the theater to ourselves again. I want to encourage everyone
reading this to support their local independent cinema next time you
visit the movies. (www.metroboronia.com.au I think...) The actual film
was quite well done, but at times a little difficult to follow. One of
it's main themes is one of a second chance. Everyone has a second chance
at everything in life. It made me think a little about how this is
reflected in my life.
On Thursday, I had a really full on day at uni. Mauris, Evan and I spent
quite a bit of time on our idea for the retail design project. Our tea
lights will look so smexy! hehe After uni, Fred and I hung out a bit and
had dinner at this place near the Prahran market followed by yummy hot
chocolates. It was such an enjoyable break from the every-day busyness
of my life.
Saturday was the day from hell. I started work at 6am in the city, then
drove straight from there to Kmart to work another six hours. By the end
of that I was quite tired, but my day couldn't end there. I went to the
Ferntree Gully Uniting Church auction dinner which I was helping to
organize. The evening went really well, raising over $1000 for our
church. Heather and I were very surprised and happy. I bought a trip on
puffing billy with lunch included, which I think I will give to Dad for
fathers day.
The auction dinner was a little stressful on another level. It was the
first event where Mum and Dad were there as well as Chris's Mum, Janet.
I think it went fairly well, considering that I didn't give Mum and Dad
any warning. I think it was good for Mum especially to be able to have a
chat with Janet. I hope things become a little easier for Mum and Dad.
Sunday morning I had ballooning work in the city again. It was a really
windy morning so I found it difficult to get photos of both balloons. I
was so angry with myself. After work, I spent the rest of the day
helping get the house tidy for Tim and Marion's engagement party. I
almost got run over with the wheelbarrow when I was trying to take mulch
up the driveway though. LOL.
Sunday night was X-worship, so Chris and I helped out with the sound
system. (Chris did most of the work, I just suggested adjustments
really.) It was an awesome worship, and gave us the opportunity to catch
up with Di and Russell. Di mentioned that her work is hunting for
designer desk lamps at the moment, so I am on a mission to find some
funky lamps... any suggestions would be welcome. =)

No comments: