Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Wednesday

Well, it's half way through the week, and I am still loving my new toy.
The MacBook let me make a presentation for retail design while I was on
the train, complete with snappy looking slide transitions. It's so cool.
I got my e-mails up and running just yesterday, and managed to figure
out the wireless network password for the wireless at home. I still need
to transfer all my photos and music over from the desktop PC, which I am
hoping will prove to be a painless process. I can't figure out how to
get iPhoto to act more like Picasa, in regards to scanning for image
files automatically, But at least it has a decent wizard for importing
photos from digital cameras.
OK, maybe I should shut up about the new toy, let's look at the events
since last weekend. On Monday I woke up feeling a little sore and sorry
for myself. I have this sore thought 'thing' that keeps coming back....
I've hit it with Ricola, Dimetapp, Benadryl and Sudafed, but nothing
seems to work for longer than about an hour. I blame having the sniffles
on Phil, because he had it last week. I think what made matters worse is
that after a week of hanging around with the germs, I thought it would
be a fine idea to go out to the pub. While this is not particularly bad
in itself, the amount of standing outside in the cold night air possibly
could have been a problem. So thats it, no more going outside at night. lol.
I skipped church on Monday night, because my cold got the better of me.
(That reminds me, did I tell you what happened last Sunday night at
church?)... On Sunday we showed up for what was supposed to be a 5.30pm
start with pizza dinner followed by worship, only to discover that at
the last minute plans had been changed to meeting at 4.30pm then going
to worship at another church and coming back for pizza tea. Chris and I
waited around so tat we could catch up with everyone over dinner. It was
fun, even if it was a little dis-organized.
Tuesday was a pretty typical day at uni, except that I awoke about 2
hours later than I had planned. his made me about 45 minutes late for
uni. Once I actually got there, I discovered that it was very
challenging to follow what Yat (the lecturer) was on about by looking on
the board. Quite disappointing really.
Tuesday night was rovers as usual. It was good o see everyone, although
the planned 'MARB costume making night' was not very productive.
This morning I woke up with more of the sniffles, and what feels like a
spikey thing in my thought. I reached for the medicine, only to discover
that this will be my last dose. I will have to get some more from the shop.

No comments: