Friday, August 18, 2006

Week 4?

I think uni is up to week four, but I am not 100% sure. I guess that
time flies when you're having fun. One of the highlights for this week
was that the entire class got an extension without even asking for one.
(That's impressive.) So now the Reece Bathroom Innovation folio is due
in on the 30th, instead of the 23rd. I'm really glad that we have been
given the extra time to complete the project properly, otherwise mine
was going to be very last minute.
Last night I had to work at Kmart. I started at 6pm, and at this time of
year, that means driving to the store in twilight. This would not have
been a problem, except that the wiring in my car is not working
properly, and so the lights didn't register as being turned on, even
thought they were. There are a couple things this means..... the first
is that I have no tail lights (which even though it makes my car
un-roadworthy, is manageable) The second thing that shorts out is the
lights on the dashboard, and the beeper that tells you when you have
left your lights on. (And we all know how hopeless Andrew is without his
gadgets beeping at him)
I left my lights on. My battery went flat. My car was slowly dying. Is
it a sign that Bruce should be replaced? Chris is trying to convince me
that Bruce is trying to tell me to buy a 1998 SAAB we saw on the
internet. It's about $10,000 under the red book price, and has really
low kms. Very tempting, but I think that we should probably just get
Bruce repaired. Decisions, decisions. It's a SAAB 95 SE, and has leather
everywhere. =) It has dual zone climate control, manual transmission and
comes with a roadworthy. (And I'm sure the beeper saying you left the
lights on works too...)
ok ok, I can hear everyone saying "enough about the car already!" So
lets move on...
This week I have quite enjoyed spending time with Cori and Jim. Chris
and I went to their place on Wednesday night for dinner. It was most
enjoyable, and lots of laughing happened (which is always a good thing)
Uni has been quite enjoyable as of late, but I feel that maybe things
are getting too busy. I think I may be letting my engineering subjects
slip while spending too much time in design related subjects. It's a
worry. I guess I will have to find a balance before the end of the year.
The one good thing is that there will only be two exams at the end of
this semester, as opposed to four at the end of last semester.
Anyways, I should probably stop babbling. I am going to try and post
some photos really soon. I have a backlog of ones I want to share.

No comments: