Monday, August 14, 2006

Wow! It's windows..... On a MAC!!

Well, this last week has been slack and busy at the same time. (If thats
possible) Slack in that I don't feel like I have done anything for uni,
and busy in that I don't feel like I have had much of a chance to rest
up and have a breather.
There have been a couple of highlights this week, the first of which is
that I finally finished re-writing my resume and cover letter for Apple
Computer in California. I sent it off to a contact that my Mum's second
cousin gave me. Apparently he goes to the gym with her husband or
something. (So you can see there is a strong connection there!) Anyways,
she seems really nice, and said she would read over my resume over the
weekend and let me know what she thinks. I hope she will be able to put
it into the hands of the right people.
I also worked a lot on my application to Ford Australia for their IBL
program. It's nearly finished, and will be submitted sometime this week.
The cut-off date is on Sunday. (All PDE people reading this should apply!)
Another highlight from this week is that I went to Andrew and Liz's
engagement party on Saturday night. It was a fantastic night, and I
really had fun. I have never heard anyone quite analyze m&m's th same
way as Liam and Brendan did that night. LOL. (I will never look at the
bag of mixed m&m's the same again!)
The third, and perhaps most impressive, highlight of the week is that
Russell and Di helped to get windows working on my new MAC! It's using a
new program called Paralells, and it runs windows faster than most
laptops I have ever used. (Should I say, it is faster than Dad's desktop
at home...) So now I can run SolidWorks in windows, then alt-shift back
to mac OS whenever I like. It's awesome, and has really impressive
transition animations too, but I guess that is not the most important
thing. The most important thing is that SolidWorks finally works.
Russell also put the MAC versions of PhotoShop and Illustrator onto my
notebook, so now I can actually do something productive when I am
playing with my laptop at uni. (Not that I was being un-productive
before... lol)
Another highlight for the week happened just last night, Anthony's
surprise 21st birthday. Anthony's girlfriend organized everyone (family,
old friends, new friends and uni people) to come along to Sofias in
Burwood for dinner. I don't know how surprised Anthony was, especially
after he saw us all through the window from the carpark, but the night
was really fun. I kinda like being able to take the time to socialize
with friends outside of the normal routine.
Anyways, I think I have blabbed enough for one post.... I will try and
put some more photos up soon... Cya

No comments: