Saturday, November 18, 2006

Happy Birthday to me

I'm not sure what happened to my last post, it dosent seem to have appeared online after I posted it up. I wrote this on the 15th of November, this transcript should get everyone up to speed:

Well, yesterday was my first exam; Manufacturing Technology 2. I feel it went well, but am glad it's over. I spent a few days studying for it, but still went in feeling unprepared.
Even though most of my time this week was spent studying, I did manage to do a couple of fun thing too. One of which was to go and see Lano and Woodley. I wasn't planning to, but Ann kindly offered me her ticket because she was admitted to hospital to get her gall bladder removed. (http://ann-da-panda.blogspot.com) The concert was awesome, and a really nice surprise. *Thanks Ann*
Don't worry, Ann is making leaps and bounds with her recovery. Read all about it on her Blog.
On Sunday, the youth from Ferntree Gully and Scoresby led the worship service at Scoresby. Everything went smoothly, and we got nothing but good feedback about the service.
I guess that is most of the highlights from my life this weekend. I need to keep studying so that I can pass this next exam. The next one is on the 22nd of November. Following that exam is my birthday party! I am so looking forward to seeing everyone at my party on the 24th. See you all then!

Since I wrote that post, I have spent a lot of time procrastinating. I have been working on things to get ready for my birthday party (including getting a haircut and making centerpieces for the tables). I have gotten the birthday list almost all down pat. (IF ANYONE READING THIS STILL NEEDS TO RSVP, PLEASE DO SO IMMEDIATELY) Other procrastination activities include chatting on MSN, cooking and otherwise acting all distracted.
Yesterday was my birthday! Not just any birthday, it was my 21st birthday. I spent the day at home attempting to do a practice exam. In the end, i gave up on the practice exam and started cooking dinner. I made lasangua, complete with a side salad and some bread rolls. Mum had made a cake yesterday, so all she had to do when she came home was frost the cake and eat.
I must admit that it was a little weird cooking my own birthday dinner on the day of my 21st, though I guess I can also say it was weird having to study on my birthday too. I took some time to go and see Chris after the dinner preparations were under control. It was so nice to see Chris on my special day, I just wish that he could have come over for dinner too, but Mum and Dad wouldn't allow it. =(
You are all going to think I am such a freak, but I have to highlight the wrapping paper on the gift that Chris gave me. It was a mauve sort of color, and looked as if it was a raw finish on the paper. This effect was contrasted by a sewn pattern through the paper. The threads used seemed to be silky and the dye would gradually change colors... I will have to put up a photo so you all can see the paper! LOL The DVD inside the paper was a Steven Curtis Chapman Live DVD. I really like his music, so I can't wait to watch the DVD.
I had dinner with Mum, Dad and Phil. Mum and Dad gave me some gold cuff-links that they plan to get engraved with my initials. I thought it was such a sweet idea! I love the cufflinks too, they will come in handy next time I have to wear something formal.
I went to bed early because I had ballooning photos in the morning.

1 comment:

ann-da-panda said...

Well happy birhtday and i am glad to hear you enjoyed the tickets. Unfortunately liam is unable to come to your party despite the rsvp he has an unavoidable shift but we love you birthday boy and he is sorry he can't make it.