Friday, November 24, 2006

Third Year: Complete

Well, I finished the year off on Wednesday, with my last exam being at 9am in the morning. The Design for Manufacture exam was one of the hardest and scariest exams I have ever sat, but I trust that I will be ok. I answered most of the questions, with only one that was too hard for me...
Following the exam, I went to The Hawthorn with all the guys from uni for lunch and a couple drinks. I ended up eating fish and chips, which were ok, but not the best. =( Oh well, it was nice to spend some time with people and unwind after all the stress of exams. I had to make an early retreat to start scanning photos for my 21st birthday party. I scanned a whole pile at uni, which was good, because I set up the scanner to do that one touch scanning thing... (Nobody touch the settings on the canon scanner in the EN building! ok? hehe)
That evening, I had the chance to see Cheyne's new place, which is actually really nice, and is in a central location for him. He is sharing with people who study at Monash. The people he is sharing the house with seem really nice. We had dinner together. (noodles and pizza, lol)
I managed to finish editing (mainly cropping and balancing) the photos I scanned earlier in the day while I was a Cheyne's place. I still don't know weather I am happy with the scanning quality or not, but that's typical of me. Some of the photos should feature up here after my 21st party.
Yesterday I did more scanning, this time at my place. I couldn't figure out how to set up one touch scanning on Dad's scanner, so it took a little longer than the one at uni. However I was impressed that my mac had a built in scanning tool... Microsoft should add a decent one into Windows too (seen as we all know they copy apple with everything! exhibit a: zoon music player...)
I met with Tina in the morning to organize the cake. I had told her about it quite a while ago, but for some reason she had not started making it. After our meeting, I spent the rest of the day preparing photos and a slide show for Friday night. I also made some decorations for the party (how creative...)
I worked at Kmart on Thursday night, and came home to find that we have no water. Every tap in the house would turn, but no water would come out! Either the drought has really hit hard, or this is a new plan for water restrictions! I actually think they are doing work on the water mains, because I saw a suspicious looking truck working at the side of the road as I was on my way to ballooning photos this morning.

No comments: