Friday, November 03, 2006

The Vending Machine

This week has been fairly busy, even though I have not had any formal
classes. Every day this week I have been heading into the Prahran
Campus to work on the Vending Machine project. It feels like I have
been doing SolidWorks almost 12 hours a day for the last week.
Yesterday I finally got to a stage where I could say that the model
was all but finished. Then Diana and Quang had second thoughts about
the placement of the control panel. So there might be some further
tweeking today.
There were a couple highlights this week, with every night being
filled with some activity. Monday night I went to IKEA to get a
present for peter's 19th birthday. I found these really cool lamps. I
think they were in the children's section, but they were so cute I
just had to buy one! I chose to get the blue one for Peter. It glows
when you tap it on the head, and will last about 4 - 6 hours off of a
single charge. I was impressed, but I am not convinced Peter was.
After my trip to IKEA, I realised that I should have bought another
lamp for Ness and Dave, because they have a house warming party on
Saturday. I think I will end up back there later on today.
Tuesday night was halloween and also Peter's birthday. To celebrate
Peter's birthday, we had a nice family dinner at home. Nyssa and David
even came along, and we got to hear all about David's new job at an IT
company called "the IT department". They are based in Box Hill, but
David sometimes has to travel to visit clients in different suburbs.
It was fun to see David and Nyssa again, because I have not seen them
in so long. I think the last time I saw David was at Ian's 21st
birthday party. That was in winter!
Wednesday night was a corperate dinner for Chris's work. It was fairly
boring, and I didn't understand some of the things they were talking
about. I think the event was aimed at electrical contractors, not
electrical manufacturers, so I don't know how much chris got out of it
either. The food was very nice though.
Thursday night I worked at Kmart. It was very busy and disorganised.
Hayden was sick today, so the store was in chaos when I got there,
although Kate and Lisa had done the best they could to tidy up the
storeroom.
So that brings us to today. Tonight, Chris and I are planning to goto
a work social event for Chris's work. Brent, one of the boys who moved
to the country, is back in town, and wants to catch up. So half of the
office is going to the pub for some drinks and giggles. =) I am
looking forward to it, I like to catch up with everyone.
During the day today I have to work on the Vending machine some more.
I think I am going to start on the detailed engineering drawings for
now.

No comments: