Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Winding up the semester

Written at 9.00am today:
Today marks the end of my design work for this semester. The Vending Machine project is finally finishing! Diana, Quang and I have our presentation at 2.00 today. We were up all night last night finishing off the final deliverables for the assignment. We finished around 1.30am, so I managed to get a couple of hours of sleep.
We went to a printing place last night that does really nice color printing and black and white prints. The shop is open until 11pm, even on a public holiday! I thought that was very impressive. It's in the city, near RMIT, so I guess they make their money off all the late night printing that students need.
On Saturday, I had a very busy day. Lucky I didn't have to work at the balloons, or else I really would have been rushed off my feet! I spent Saturday morning shopping for crepe paper in spotlight, so that I could use it to wrap a gift I had bought for Ness and Dave's house warming / Dave's 21st birthday. I found out that crepe paper is available in a pearlised finish, as well as the standard finish.
After working out the kind of paper I needed, and wrapping the present, we headed over to the party. Ness and Dave's new house is really cozy. It's a two bedroom weather board home on the side of the mountain in The Basin. Although the house is a little on the small side, it is set on a pretty large block, which has lots of potential. The view from their living room window is to die for! You can see all the way out to the city. I can imagine how cool it would be to watch the fireworks going off over the city on new-years eve or for any of Melbourne's other over-budget sporting events.
Chris and I left the party early, because I had to work at Kmart. (As usual, work is destroying my social life.) Work was spectacularly un-eventful, except for the fact that I worked with Rhys. Rhys is a new team member for sound and vision, and seems to know what he's doing, which is pretty good. Apparently he got the job after doing work experience in year 10. It made me think of what I did for work experience in year 10, Hallmark Cards. I am so glad that I did something that was so fun, and not just working in a shop.
I traveled straight from work to Ash's 21st birthday party, which was a boat cruise around Victoria Harbour and Docklands. It was such a fun night, and was filled with lots of memories for some people from PDE. I think that Linda discovered how little champagne is needed to significantly alter her behavior. Diana discovered just how much fun it can be to become friends with Brazilian waiters, and Quang drank enough to prevent him from being the designated driver (as he was supposed to be). Anyways, it was heaps of fun, and there are photos up on my blog.
Written at 8:20pm:
Well, the presentation is all over (finally) and I feel that we went well. Kate and Simon seemed to really like our concept. I have uploaded all the slides we presented, but they came up much smaller than I had imagined they should. Perhaps I will re-upload them sometime.
Tomorrow is my E D Oates Interview, so I had better prepare myself for that. I can't wait to go to Perth, so that I don't have anything to do!

No comments: