Monday, February 19, 2007

Distraction

Written on Friday morning (on my way to work)

With all the excitement about the move, and working what seems like more hours than I have ever worked before in one week, I clean forgot to tell you about my valentine's day.
During the lead up to valentines day this year, I told Chris that we probably wouldn't do anything and commented that it was such a "hallmark holiday"..... but then I got sucked in by the media. =( I felt like I really did want to do something to mark the occasion, something more than exchanging cards. So we ended up having dinner, then going to the movies. Most people would have gone to see "Music and Lyrics" for valentine's day, but that seemed way to typical for me. I chose that we see a movie called "Stranger Than Fiction". It had gotten a decent write-up on Three's movie guide, and had some big name actors in it, so it couldn't be that bad.
Chris and I got out of the movie, and I was most impressed. The story was incredibly well constructed, the visuals were very "glossy" and the acting was really good. I think the set designers did an awesome job too, because I now want to own a phone just like the main character had, and his watch too. I would go as far as to say that this is one of the best movie's I have seen this year. (So it better win something when the award ceremonies come around... lol)
So, my valentines day was a bit of a "hallmark holiday", but I enjoyed it. The film was certainly something to remember. I hope that you all enjoyed your valentines day too.

I think I made a mistake last night while I was packing boxes for the move..... I packed all the books from my bookshelf into the one box. I can't lift it. I don't thing Chris will be able to lift it. I think it might need two or three people to lift it. Why the thought didn't occur to me to use a series of smaller boxes, or fill some of the box with clothes, I will never know. Oh well, I guess it can't be changed now.
Tonight is when I move out... Tonight is also Peter's 21st birthday. I know Peter through Kmart. He is having his party at the Manhattan hotel, which is walking distance from the new house! I am unsure weather I will walk or not though. It would be cool if I did...  So tonight is going to be a big night for me, moving my boxes of stuff to the new house, and going to a 21st birthday party. (why, oh why did we choose to move today?) Perhaps some of the moving will be done tomorrow morning.

No comments: