Monday, February 19, 2007

The Move

Well, this weekend was the big move. It started on Friday, with CJ and Nicole cleaning the house inside and out. It was such a great help, and made the house nice and clean to move into. The bathroom was even spotless! The challenge now will be to try and keep it that way. Nicole and CJ managed to break two mop heads (of course, they were Oates branded and I heard all about it, lol) While CJ and Nicole were cleaning, Chris K was busy doing all the heavy lifting.
After work, I caught the train home (to Boronia) and packed some of my boxes into the car. The box with all the books in it didn't come with me on that trip, I thought it might be a bit much to try and lift that on my own. I drove my loaded up car over to the new house (in Mitcham). I dumped my clothes and unpacked my car, filling the dining room with boxes and other random things. I didn't really get a chance to properly look around, when it was time to leave for Peter's 21st birthday party.
Peter's 21st was a lot of fun, and provided a chance for Chris J and I to catch up with everyone who I work with at Kmart. (Although it's arguable weather I work there anymore) I ad such a fun time, and it was great to see Peter so happy. He was beaming the entire night. The highlight of the night was when Pete's best friend started dirty dancing with Lisa's boyfriend, Simon. (Simon used to be a manager at Kmart for our department.)
Saturday morning I woke up more tired than when I went to bed. I think the problem was caused by the severe lack of a mattress, because we had not moved a bed into the new house yet. I was sleeping on the floor. I didn't let a sore head stop me from having an entire day of moving house. The morning was spent unpacking boxes, directing where large items of furniture should go, and cleaning bits and pieces. Chris's parents helped bring over a bar fridge, our dining room table, the pantry, and the bed. Janet raided their pantry and gave us some things to use as we were just starting out. By the time I got to the pantry I found that it was full of spices and drinking chocolate! LOL. It was a great help though, and something I never would have thought of. Janet and Michael also gave us a "housewarming gift" of a variety of nutrimedics products. =) I don't think we should have to buy hand gel soap or shower gel for quite a while now! (Perhaps even for an entire year)
In the afternoon, Steve and Chris K helped me move my bookcase and the box of books that I so foolishly packed. (it took two people to lift that box, and even then it was a struggle. When we got it back to the house, Chris K had to get ready for work, so Steve and I started loading the books onto the bookcase. I think my little bookcase is nearly all full now!
Chris J and I spent the rest of the afternoon setting up the lounge room. Chris set to work on the TV and sound system, while I arranged the CDs and other bits and pieces on the bookshelf. I unpacked a few more boxes and started to put all the trash (empty boxes and such) into the laundry. I thought that seen as we don't have any washing machine or dryer there might as well be something in the laundry!
Around 6pm John called, and asked if we would like to go out to dinner with Jeff and himself. I had not seen John since before Christmas, so I jumped at the chance to say hello again. Dinner was at a place called Campari on the pier in Port Melbourne. I was surprised at how quickly we could get there, given the location of the new house.
When we arrived at the restaurant, we discovered that the air conditioning was not working, and the place was packed. John's friends, Gavin, Lee, Glenn, and Andrew had come along too, and it was so much fun to be able to catch up over a meal (even if the food was a little dodgy and slow).
Following dinner, we all went back to Gavin, Lee and Glenn's apartment for a game of uno and some more drinks. (Come to think about it, I think the uno was probably just a good excuse to have some more drinks.) It was alot of fun, until Jeff cracked it and informed John that he was leaving straight away, and John had no choice but to leave with him.
I worry about John and Jeff... I'm not convinced that they are right for each other. Neither of them seem to have much interaction outside the relationship (apart from work) and from what I can see, they seem to be wearing on each other. John has clearly shown interest in ending the relationship, so as his best friend, what should I do? Help him break up from Jeff, or try to encourage him to keep the relationship alive?
After getting back a lot later than planned from dinner, Chris and I crashed into bed, and didn't wake on time to goto church in the morning. More arranging of furniture and emptying of boxes was in order, so I stayed home while Chris and Chris went shopping for some food for the cupboards. That afternoon, we all headed over to Mum and Dad's place for lunch. We were celebrating David and Nyssa's birthdays with a roast dinner and some of my Mum's famous devils food cake.
Instead of cafe church in the evening, the worship was called "Urban Suburban". This is the new face of the 3rd Sunday of the month, and is to be held outside the church in the driveway! The place was all set up with tables and stools, and there was a guest artist. I think it's a fabulous idea, and would encourage everyone to come along to the next one. =)
Monday was not that thrilling.... Work was boring. The computer I had been using since returning from Perth belongs to Matt, who was on holidays. Matt returned today with a lot of great stories, but that meant that I am not without a computer. I was not happy, because the majority of my work involves the use of the computer. The IT department is HOPELESS, and all complaints we make just fall on deaf ears. It's very frustrating.

No comments: