Thursday, February 08, 2007

Training

Training, as in catching the train to work, is starting to wear on me. This morning I almost missed the train because I was having a nice sleep. (Why is bed such a nice, warm spot?) I awoke at 6.45, which might seem OK, until you realize that The train leaves at 7am. Fifteen minutes is quite a rush, especially when you have to get a shower, then have breakfast and get driven to the station.
Chris sprang into action, making me breakfast while I was in the shower, then driving me to the train station. I managed to catch the 7.10 train, and get to work on time.
Work was good today, we made some headway on our project. (I'm not sure how much I am allowed to write on here before I break my confidentiality agreement) I'm a little annoyed at the IT people at work. I have been working there for two months now, and STILL have no company e-mail address, let alone a company computer. For now, I am borrowing Matt's computer because he is on holidays in Thailand. It will be interesting to see what happens when Matt returns and the absence of a computer will become a painfully obvious issue. In defense of the IT department, they are hopelessly understaffed, and are in the middle of a major networking restructure. (But two months is still a bit ridiculous.)
Moving on to some more light-hearted news, Chris and I are in full house-moving swing. Chris borrowed a packing tape dispenser gun from work, and took some boxes from work too. We proceeded to empty the contents of Chris's book shelves into the boxes, marking them with the appropriate room on the side. I was surprised that we have a whole box of food for the kitchen already. (Even if most of that is junk food).
I read through the contract today, and am going to sign it tonight. I have half told Mum about moving out.... soon I will tell them I am definitely moving out. It's so hard to deal with them at times. I rang David, to ask about the best way to break the news to them, and he advised that I get into a fight with Dad and make him say something along the lines of "when you live under my roof... blah blah" then that leaves the door wide open to leave. But I don't want to do it that way. I want to leave on OK terms, even thought I know mum and dad will want things to remain the same forever, with me living at home and being miserable.
I guess I need to just take things one step at a time, and pray for courage in these scary times. (Remember footprints in the sand? I feel like I am being carried.)

1 comment:

Michael Wheatland said...

If it helps, someone in the family could accidentally chat to grandma about it. I have found that she is the most accepting member of the extended family, and for some reason she has got a lot of influence over your dads view on things. So maybe that is the way to go. Get her to break the news, and follow up with a "You moved out of here too" talk with him. (Even though he was slightly older than you are now).
So that is my suggestion. And if you need any help sorting it out, I am sure that any of your cousins, or aunties would have no issue in 'accidentally' spilling the beans.

Good luck with moving out, and we will have to catch up very soon, maybe for a house warming?