Sunday, March 25, 2007

It's official!!! this is the 1000th post on my blog!!

Well, after more than two years of blogging, this is my thousandth post! How exciting is that? Hmm, I guess you could look at it the other way and argue that it's sad that I have wasted thousands of hours working on a little project that doesn't profit, and will never really "help" anyone. =P I don't care, I like keeping my blog. LOL
Well since I last wrote, lots has happened (yes, I know it's only been a couple days!). On Wednesday night Chris and I went to Scott and Diana's place to have dinner. Linda came too, however Quoc was not able to make it. It was a great meal, and a great chance to catch up with the gang. Linda drove her new car there, so we got to check it out. (See the photos) Diana, Scott and Chris decided to draw on the dew that was on the car.
By the time we had finished dinner, it was so late that Scott and Diana invited us to stay at there house, in the guest room. It was really good, because the next day I had a really short drive to work. (About 20 mins, which is really good compared to the usual 90 minute drive.)
Thursday evening was Tim's birthday party. He was turning 20, so we went to La Porchetta in Box Hill to celebrate. Tim had other friends from uni come along to help celebrate, and we all shared a meal. Tim's Grandpa had baked a cake for us, which tasted really great. There are some photos from the evening, so I will have to upload them.
Friday was a nice, rather homely evening. The day had been quite warm, so I was relieved to be catching an air-conditioned train home in the evening. I was quite annoyed that the train was running late, but I guess that can't be helped. I caught the train one stop more than normal, to Ringwood, because I had to pick up some things from the pharmacy. Chris called me while I was in the shop, telling me that in Hawthorn (where he was) it was really raining quite hard, and that he thought the cool change might be on it's way over to Mitcham.
I quickly raced through the store, and ran home from Ringwood, because the clothes line was full of clean, dry washing. It had been hanging there for a couple days trying to get dry, so I was adamant that I was not going to let it get soaked again. As most of you can imagine, I had to run (quite literally) the entire way home. I was so puffed out by the time I got home. I rushed to get all the washing off the line, and tripped over the stupid tree stump in the back yard. It hurt, but I managed to get all the washing in, and as soon as I had, the skies opened up!! I was really quite relieved.
The rest of Friday evening was quite uneventful, which was nice. I managed to watch some documentaries I had taped from SBS using the latest toy (the DVR). I also watched Dateline, which had some really interesting stories about environmental stuff. They ran a story about the richest man in mainland China, who is actually an Aussie. He runs a company called "Suntec". It was quite an interesting article, and I suggest people look it up on the SBS website. www.sbs.com.au
Saturday was a busy day. We had a suit fitting for Tim and Marion's wedding in the morning, then I had an appointment to get my hair cut. I used the voucher that Mark gave me for my birthday. It was a fantastic gift, as I quite enjoyed the experience. (and I should add, that they did a great job on my hair) It was at Kawsa, which is a place in Surrey Hills. I had never been there before, but I might go back. I really liked it.
After getting my hair cut, we spent the afternoon with Mark, talking over coffee, and looking through old antique stores. It was quite fun. In the evening, we headed over to Federation Square, to see if we could get tickets to the Queer Film Festival.
We wanted to go and see two lots of short films, one started at 6pm, which we were too late booking tickets for. The other lot of short films kicked off at 10pm, so we got our tickets, then went to get some dinner. Ryan joined us for dinner, because it was his birthday. Mark had to work, so couldn't come with us to the late lot of short films, but Ryan did come, and seemed to enjoy himself.
This morning I spent cleaning the house, and blogging. Krissy came over for me to fix her computer. We talked about a startup company she is hoping to market early this year, called "Starworks". It's all very exciting. I'm going to be working on the marketing and website design, which I am really excited about! So we will have to see how everything works out.
Later today I plan to try and remove the dog smell Naz left on our carpet in the lounge room.... oh, I feel so domestic! lol
**Happy 1000th Post**

No comments: