Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Tupperware Party

Last night was the Tupperware party, but I should start my blog post by talking about the events of Tuesday night.
Tuesday evening was supposed to be spent slaving away in the house, cleaning and cooking food in preparation for the Tupperware party. However, this was not the case. During the day on Tuesday, Mum gave me a call to invite us out to dinner. Mardi was in town, and wanted to catch up with the family. Mardi was in the USA on the Gamoo program a year after Dad was, and knew Dad because he helped her get settled in to the US way of life. Anyways, we went along to dinner, which was nice, but there was too much food! Following dinner we all headed back to Mum and Dad's place for tea and coffee. Mum and Dad spent hours showing Mardi photos of all the family, and it was about 11pm by the time we headed off home! Needless to say that very little cleaning happened once we finally got home.
The Tupperware party was on Wednesday. I arrived home on Wednesday around 6.50pm, and Chris was only just getting home then as well, because he had been out shopping for food. Jenny, the Tupperware lady, arrived about one minute after we stepped in the door. Jenny was fine setting up her stuff, but Chris and I were run off our feet trying to get some food ready (which nobody really ate) and lighting candles around the house, and preparing drinks. Once people started arriving, I started to relax. There were not as many people as I had hoped for, and some people who said they would come along didn't. =( But all-in-all I think it was a good night. I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did.
On a completely different topic.... Did you know that Channel 31 has canceled "Fish Cam"!!! For those who have never watched Fish Cam, the name basically says it all... It's fish, in a tank, somewhere in the hallowed halls of RMIT in Melbourne. I think Wikipedia captures the essence of the show quite nicely: "It used to be live, but the station got complaints from the ACMA when there was a dead fish floating on the top of the tank for several days." For some reason, people have become really attached to this mind numbing show, with one blogger stating "I found myself up late at night watching Fishcam. It wasn't particularly interesting but was somehow compelling and addictive." I couldn't stand FishCam myself, so maybe it's a good idea that Chanel 31 have chosen to fill their late night TV with real people instead of fish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked the comfort of knowing that fishcam was there.