Monday, March 05, 2007

Sharing meals

I almost forgot  the most exciting part of the weekend. On Sunday evening, we used the dining room for the first time!
Due to Chris's unpacking on Saturday, I found that there aren't that many boxes left in the house at all. In fact, the dining room was free of clutter, and Chris had set up the table in the middle of the room. We have four chairs to put around the table, so we can't have too many guests over at once.
I cooked up a storm in the kitchen on Sunday night, making "Spanish rice", which is one of my favorite dishes Mum taught me how to make. I cooked extra, because some of the meat in the fridge needed to be cooked, and I haven't mastered cooking for just two people. As it happens, Janet and Michael, (Chris J's parents) called in on the way home from lunch with Grandma. They wanted to drop off some leftovers, like potato salad and pasta salad. They also had some sliced meat which they thought we could use in sandwiches. It's very thoughtful really.
Chris invited them to stay for dinner, and we all ate "Spanish rice" in the newly furnished dining room. I was most excited.
Janet mentioned while she was over, that for the Tupperware party, you can actually take orders from people who can't make it to the party. I think it's a great idea, and am asking for anyone who wants to buy some Tupperware to email me or call me to place an order, or find out more about the party! =)

No comments: