Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The week in review.

Well, it's been a week since the tupperware party, and nothing much seems to have changed all that much. Work is still fairly busy, and the seasons seem to be marching along in the correct fashion. We have actually had a fair amount of rain, indicating that Summer is definitely over, and the leaves are starting to fall off some of the trees.
Thursday last week was a bad day. I was really tired, and needed to rest. The tupperware party had extended into the night, and I don't think I am up for all that excitement in my old age... (That was a joke... lol) Fortunately, Thursday night was empty on the calendar, so Chris and I spent it at home, cleaning up after the tupperware party, and having an early night.
Friday night was empty on the calendar, but quickly got filled up with the stupidness of everyday life. Chris and I decided to go shopping for a present for Tim, and Barbara, because they are both having birthdays very soon. By the time Chris and I got to Eastland, it was about 8pm, and there were kids everywhere! Why can't they invent a shopping centre where there are no kids, only adults? it would spare me from tripping over 5 year olds, and bumping into year 7 kids. Anyways, we found a gift for Tim, but had no luck for Barbara yet..... that's ok, because Barbara's birthday is still a little further away.
Saturday seemed like a nothing day. In the morning there was a working bee at church, where I helped clear out part of the shed (which was home to about a thousand rats!!) and helped to set up the new data-projector and screen. The new data-projector is pretty cool, and I was most impressed that it could be seen from every part of the church without any problems. =)
Following my efforts at the working bee, I went to get my teeth checked at the dentist. He seemed to think that my teeth were pretty good, and I just needed to scrub my gums harder (which is what they say every time). Mum asked if I would like to join them for lunch, which I thought might be nice, so I headed back to Mum and Dad's place. Mum arrived about an hour and a half after I did, with a trunk full of shopping. Then we had to goto some house auction that Dad wanted to see, which I think was a waste of time. We finally got back to the house to eat lunch around 3.30pm, which is quite a feat considering that we left the dentist around 11.45am. I was not happy.
I had to run almost straight after lunch, because we were having Liam and Ann over for dinner and I had not started cooking yet!
Ann and Liam arrived around 5.45-ish. It was great to see them again, after about 3 months of being out of the loop. Ann was so impressed with Chris and my cooking skills. It was such fun, seeing them again and catching up. Liam was saying that when his lease is up (sometime next January) they are planning on moving in together. (Young love is soo sweet!)
Sunday was another marathon day at Church. The morning service was lead by Scott, and was actually really interesting. After the morning service I went to Bayswater UC for a "Climate Change Forum" which was interesting, but a little draining. I think alot could have been said in a shorter period of time. (Less is more is particularly applicable to boring uni professors.)
Following the forum, I headed home for a couple hours to do some odd bits and pieces, then I went off to "Urban Suburban" at Glen Waverly Uniting Church. Ambassador 77 were playing, and it was heaps of fun. (I think I have to upload some photos of it sooner or later.)
Monday night was interesting, because I weaseled my way out of a tupperware meeting (the tupperware lady was trying to get me to join up). I went along to 18plus instead, which I think was a much wiser choice. Last night I went to Rovers, which was ok, although the activity was a bit boring (not to mention unrealistic). The idea was that you had to walk around and within a certain time limit, collect sheets of paper from 20 points marked on a street map. I think Andrew (who planned it) was trying to annoy us by putting almost all of the flags at the end of courts, or places that were not easy to get to.
Anyways, that's enough blabbing from me, I should get going. Tonight I am going to Diana and Scott's place for dinner. It should be fun, Linda will be there too, and Chris is coming of course. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you sound so busy! :)