Thursday, March 01, 2007

Wow, is it Thursday ALREADY?!

Well, this week as flown by! I think I have had something on almost every night this week. I should take some time off from my life, so that I can finish unpacking the boxes that are in what is to become our dining room.
I think I mentioned on Monday that we had an Oscars watching night at Kat and Jason's place. The evening was pretty relaxed, and we all ate sweets dipped in chocolate. From watching the awards, I think I finally figured out how much fuss is made over not much. The awards went off with so much pomp and ceremony that the actual speeches were overshadowed.
Tuesday evening was enjoyable too, I caught the train to Glenferrie, and spent the evening with Quoc, Linda, Evan, Chris, Anthony and Gavin. We met "under the sails" at uni, but when I arrived, I discovered that most of the sails have been taken down. We decided to eat dinner at Ruby's, which is just across the road from uni.
Linda said she has bought a car from Sydney, but it needs a few little repairs before it can pass the roadworthy. I think it's all under control though. She bought a manual, even though she only has an automatic license (figure that one out). The car is a Honda Civic, like the one that Quang apparently totaled last Friday.
Evan seems to be enjoying his work with Cobalt-Niche Design, and has a great tan at the moment, due to a family holiday to Apollo Bay. Apparently something is broken on Evan's car at the moment too, so he's training it to work and back every day.
Anthony and Gav have started working together at Kenworth Trucks, which is located in Bayswater. Bayswater would have been about 5 minutes drive from Mum and Dad's place! Anthony and Gavin are doing chassis design or some such thing. It all sounded complicated to me, perhaps I should be glad that I got a position at Oates, instead of one of the other corporations.
On Wednesday evening I went along to my first tupperware party. It was to raise money for the MS society, and was hosted by Scott and Sue, who live about 3 minutes drive from our place in Mitcham. The lady presenting, Jenny, was very nice, and after she showed us the product range, we headed to the kitchen and cooked up a storm with some of the products from the catalog. Jenny made some champaign cocktails and chocolate dips. Chris and I walked out with some new hamburger presses, a meat storage container, and a silicone baking form for muffins. I also booked my own tupperware party, which I expect all of you to come to. =)
Tonight, I plan to do not a lot. I am still feeling a little bit under the weather, and plan to get an early night. Maybe I should unpack a couple more boxes, just so that we can finally set up the dining room.

No comments: