Monday, March 05, 2007

Wow, another weekend over!

Well, I have to say I can't believe that this weekend is already over, and I am heading back to work today. I don't feel like the weekend was restful; maybe that's an indication of us trying to do too much.
On Friday evening, Chris and I went to the footy at Telstra Dome. Mat and his friend, Daniel, came along too. Mat is not really a footy person, so he was quite entertaining to listen to giving a commentary on the events of the night. The game was a pre-season game between the Western Bulldogs and the Brisbane Lions. Needless to say, the Bulldogs got thrashed, and the Lions came out on top yet again. After the game, we dropped Daniel at the train station and Mat at his house, then tiredly drove back home.
Saturday started off well. I had a sleep in. I woke up at 9am instead of my normal 6.15am. I had some errands to run in the morning before heading over to Mum and Dad's place to help Mum with the photos for Grandpa's birthday. My errands took up more of my morning than I expected. I dropped in to Scott and Sue's place to collect my jumper which I accidentally left at her tupperware party. I ended up stopping for a little while, and helped get the children ready to go to the toy library. I can't believe how much work kids are! Once they finally got on the road to the toy library, I headed down to the tyre place to collect a tyre for my car which I had a puncture repaired in.
I returned home, with tyre and jumper, to discover that I had to set up my old PC to retrieve some of the photos we needed for Grandpa's album. I didn't have that much trouble actually starting the computer, which was a surprise because I have not started it for quite some time. I burned the CD of photos that we needed for the day, and then decided that I should really backup my photo library so that I can give the computer to Mum and Dad soon. It took 17 CDs, and about an hour and a half to back up my photos. I spent the time running around the house trying to unpack and clean and all that fun stuff.
By the time that I actually got to Mum and Dad's place, it was around 2pm. Mum had begun picking out photos for me to scan, so I could pretty much get straight into it, scanning and touching up some photos from when we were little kids and Grandpa and Grandpa came to visit. I left around 7pm, and went to dinner.
David and Darren had Chris and I over for a beautiful meal and a couple drinks. It was lots of fun, and ended up being quite a late night.
Sunday was church day. Quite literally, I arrived at FTG uniting church around 10am, and left at 4.40pm!! As if that was not enough, Chris and I both headed off to GWUC for the first "MTC" which is held every first Sunday of the month. MTC stands for More Than Church, and is designed to inspire people to get out at do something in the community. Yesterday, we picked up rubbish around the church and the Glen Waverly shopping complex. It was Clean Up Australia Day, so we were doing our part to clean up Australia. It was refreshing to respond to our faith in such a practical way. After picking up some rubbish, we headed back to the church for a guest speaker and some more praise and worship. The guest speaker was a 19 year old boy who spoke about his experience with outreach and international mission. He spoke about his experience with World Vision, and a little about his latest project, which is to unite Christians in our schools.

No comments: