Monday, June 19, 2006

Exam stress

This weekend was officially kicked off on Friday afternoon I guess, after the Human Factors exam. The exam ended at 12.20pm, so I caught the train back home to have some lunch. I could have taken a sandwich, but I thought it would be nicer to eat some "real" food from the fridge at home. So once I got home, I cracked open some home made soup and ate that. Friday night, Chris and I went to Dean and Drew's place for dinner. It was quite relaxing, and a good chance to catch up.
Neither Chris or myself worked on Saturday morning, which is quite unusual, so we had a lazy morning. I did have to work at Kmart in the afternoon however. That night we went to see that new Disney Pixar movie, Cars.
We saw the movie with Di & Russell and some of their friends. One of whom has just graduated from the Architecture / Construction Management double degree I was going to do before product design came along. Small world. The movie was excellent, really worth going to see. As with most Pixar movies, you have to see it a couple times over before you can fully appreciate it.
Once the movie was over, we popped over to Mandy's place for a while, because she was having a party. It was fun to see some old friends from high school, and catch up on the gossip a little bit. It's so scary that nobody has changed at all.
Sunday morning I worked the ballooning flight in the city. I took some really nice photos I thought, but I could only sell three. I guess it's ok, because Emma should break even on that. Sunday afternoon I had a nap before commencing study for the Thermofluid Systems exam. The revision was not as hard as I had thought, so I decided that I could afford to go to church that night as well.
Monday (today) was the exam. I helped Dad take Mum's car to the service center in the morning, before heading off to uni earlier than I had to. I arrived at uni around 9am, to find the library empty. I found a quiet spot and continued my study. The actual exam was at 2pm, so I had some time to kill. I was glad I had taken that time too, because the questions I looked at actually turned up on the exam! I guess God works in mysterious ways? I have a good feeling about the test, but don't want to get my hopes up too much.
Tonight is 18-plus, so I am looking forward to taking a break from study to do that. Tomorrow I will make a proper start on studying for the Machine Design exam. It will be my last exam.

No comments: