Friday, June 23, 2006

First day of holidays

Well, the first day of the university holidays was not so relaxing after all. I spent the morning at Chris's place, editing one of his assignments for the course he is doing, then Cheyne rang and asked if I wanted to go shopping. I went home and had some lunch before walking to Knox City.
About half way to Knox, I began to get a pain in my lower abdomen, right where my appendix was. I think it was just a stich, but I'm not sure. I kept walking, but the pain didn't go away. I hope I was not damaging something. Ohh well, it took about 45 minutes for me to walk from my place to Knox City, and by the time I got there I was freezing!
I went to the post office to mail off a phone I had sold on ebay, and by the time I had done that, Cheyne had arrived, and the real shopping could begin. We visited a couple of places searching for music for Cheyne, and then our attention turned to clothes. I was searching for a decent pair of jeans that would actually fit me. After hunting for a while, I decided that there just arent any jeans I like at Knox, let alone ones that actually fit me. I gave up and went home, catching the bus back because it was too wet and rainy to walk home.
I worked that evening, before I went out with some friends to "a bar called Barry's" for Q&A night. The line to get in was massive, but once I got in I could see why, the place was packed! We got in, then tried to locate everyone we had planned to meet there. Then we danced, and sang, and had a great time in general. I would definately go back there again if I got the chance, it was fun and there was no cover charge. *YAY*

1 comment:

ClairePhillips said...

haha... rain, cold weather.... im in shorts, t-shirt and thongs... its 32 degrees here :) :)