Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Long weekend and weird dreams

Well, since I last wrote a lot of activity has occurred. One of the reasons I haven't had the chance to write is because I have been very busy with work. I worked on Thursday night, Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning, and Monday morning. Hopefully that will help the bank balance.
Friday was spent at home, reviewing material before my Engineering Management exam. Peter went for his hazard perception test in the morning, so Mum took an ADO to be able to spend the day with Peter and I. Matthew came over to list his phone on ebay, so I spent part of the day helping him use ebay. We are hopeful to get $300 for the phone. Matt stayed for lunch, which gave us a good chance to catch up properly.
Friday evening, Chris and I went to Craig's birthday party. It was alot like last year's birthday party, held in the backyard of his house. I didn't remember half the people there, but I am sure they were the same people as last time. LOL. Anyways, it was quite enjoyable and despite being cold, I had a good time.
Saturday morning I managed to sleep in a little. When I did manage to get out of bed, I began getting ready for Ken's wedding. Ken and Cathy have been coming to church for as long as I can remember, so it was really sweet to see them so happy. It was a really special service, and was surprisingly un-traditional. The service was led by Helen, one of our previous ministers. It was so good to see her still around, even if she does have some health problems.
Following the wedding, I went to work at Kmart. It was pretty un-eventful. That evening, Chris and I went to the Pancake Parlour for dinner. I never realised that you could get an entire meal there, I always had just thought that they did desserts. Both Chris and I had chicken wrapped in a pancake. It was really quite good.
Sunday morning I spent trapped at work again. Kmart's highlight for the day was helping a blind lady choose a stereo system. After work, I went to visit the Rovers at mud bash. It was just past Yea, but took a lot longer to get to than I had anticipated. I got to drive Chris' BA, which I probably was not supposed to do. I really enjoyed catching up with everyone at Mud bash, and managed to see people who I hadn't seen for about two years! Lots of fun.
Chris and I stopped at the Glenburn pub for dinner, which was actually quite nice, even though it was in the middle of no-where.
Public holiday Monday was spent at work. Typical. Following work, I helped Chris clean out his room. We decided to go through the closet, and managed to fill five garbage bags full of clothes for charity.
I had the weirdest dream on Monday night / Tuesday morning. I was somehow living with my brothers (no parents) and I discovered writing on the wall in the bathroom. When you looked at it under black light (ah la DaVinci Code LOL) the words made sense. We were then off on a quest to find an ancient credit card on a giant elephant. Somehow there were mice with magic flying carpets, and all of a sudden the elephant turned into an ostrich. We were time travelling too.... forward in time. How I thought we might find an ancient credit card in the future is beyond me. So I've concluded that my dreams are weird and random.
Most of Tuesday was spent studying, boring I know.

No comments: