Monday, November 07, 2005

6 Days.

I know everybody is probably sick of my little countdown, but I like
it... so Ha! There's 6 days until I fly out. I got an e-mail today
saying our tickets are available for collection from the Prahran office.
So I think I will go over there before the exam on Thursday. Thursday's
exam is "Engineering Materials", and will be worth 80% of the total mark
for that subject. The rest of the marks are made up of tutorial
activities, assignments and lab reports. I'm not sure how well I have
done in the other tasks, so I know I have to do well on the exam. 80%
weighting is a little steep I think, especially since you only have 2
hours to earn all those credit points. Today I spent the day with Evan,
Anthony, Gavin, Weeks and Wan, going over last year's exam paper. Half
of the material I understand, and the other half is pretty fuzzy. We had
two different lecturers for both topics in the subject, so maybe that's
why I remember parts of it better than others. I think I like Aaron's
teaching style better than Derry's, although both are better than Jamal.
I guess it's ok, because I don't have to think about Jamal's subject
ever again. (unless i unexpectedly fail dynamics!)
The other part of the day today was spent looking at a past exam for
"Manufacturing Technology". It wasn't too bad, so I've decided I wont
stress to much over that one. The Manufacturing Technology exam is only
worth 60% of the mark for that subject, so that takes off a bit of
pressure. I still want to do well though.
I had better start thinking about what I want to pack for Germany! it's
not long now. I think I am going to borrow a suitcase from Barbara, seen
as all the ones we have around here have broken wheels or are too big
for little old me. I think I want to take all my gadgets, like my Palm,
and my phone. I'm not sure if it's a good idea though. If I do take a
phone I am going to take the LG one, it's been stuffing up lately, and I
don't really care too much if that one gets lost or stolen. I plan to
get a new phone (on a plan) when I return to Australia anyway.
Anyways, enough of my mindless babble. I should go and cook some food
for tonight's dinner and perhaps look at some more revision stuff to
prepare for my exams.
-Andrew

No comments: