Monday, November 28, 2005

Berlin

Well, we arrived at our backpackers accomodation in Berlin. It's not as bad as I thought it could have been. We arent in a seedy ppart of town (from what I can gather) and the bathroom we are sharing is only shared with other people on the tour with us. Things other than that seem to be shaping up really well, the students we have met so far all seem really nice, even if they are a little older than us.
Since I last wrote, we have visited the Meißen porclain factory, which was really awesome. They had a display of the history of the company as well as an interactive display about each stage of the manufacturing process. We also went to see Dresden, which reminded me alot of Melbourne. I went shopping there, and found a nice wool coat. Also we visited the Hygene Museum, which wasn't quite what I expected. The museum had many displays outlining lots of different aspects of the human body. Things like ageing, food, the senses, body language and sex were covered. I'm sure that it would have been much more interesting if I actually could read German. I still enjoyed it.
We also went swimming on one of our free days, which was a quite different experience to going swimming in Australia. The pool was indoors and outdoors, even though the temperature outside was only zero degrees! The pool was a wave pool with a water slide, and some other bits and peices.
The German students are here now, we are going out to dinner, so I have to go.
Peace and love, Andrew

No comments: