Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Berlin wall

Wow, I take the internet for granted at home, but things are a bit harder here. At the backpackers we have free access, so thats good. Today we went to see the Brundenburg Gate, and while we where there, we witnessed a movie being made. I don't know what the movie was, but it seemed to be one of thoes end of the world kind of things. Maybe they will screen it on SBS eventually! lol.
Moving on from the gate, we visited the German parlament. It has a special system of mirrors on the roof to totally illuminate the parlament with natural light. The roof is made of glass, so it is completely transparent. The imagry in that is pretty significant.
Also we visited part of the old Berlin wall, and the old Russian torture chambers. It is still really hard for me to imagine that all this stuff has happened in my lifetime. Again, it was hard to decipher the German in the exhibits, but we managed.
We also paid a visit to the Sony Centre, and explored 4 levels of electronic magic. I played with so many gadgets that I couldnt really afford, including one of thoes robot dogs! I want one of the laptops that I saw there, but I think the 1999 euro price-tag was a little steep. that converts to about AU$3800... not quite in my spending budget.
After the sony centre, I came back to the hostel and did some washing, because all my clothes stank!
Missing the Aussie summer, -Andrew

No comments: