Sunday, November 13, 2005

Only an hour to go! (sort of)

I'm all packed, passport is all set, tickets are in my carry on bag, and I think I will just about burst if I have to wait much longer! The plan of attack goes as follows, I'm going to the airport with Mum, Dad, Peter and Phil. We are aiming to leave around 4.30ish, but I think that will probably turn into about 5.00! Typical for my family. Then, once at the airport, we will have a bite to eat before I have to check in and meet up with the rest of the group. Then we have to kill time for the next couple hours while they organize us all to go through customs and that kind of thing. I think our plane is actually supposed to leave at 10.25 or something like that.
I'm not sure how long the flight is, but I'm packing a couple reader's digest magazines to keep me occupied. I looked up the emirates website too, they seem to have a pretty good selection of channels to choose from and lots of games to play during the flight. One of the things I read that I hadn't seen before is apparently they have a channel that has views from the exterior of the aircraft. I guess you would be able to see parts on the plane too? It will be interesting to find out what that's all about. I may have read incorrectly though.
We arrive at Frankfurt airport at about 6am! Just in time to start off our day of sight seeing and touring. I think I will be half dead by the end of the day.
I'm so excited, but a little worried at the same time. I'm not sure what I'm worried about, perhaps I'm just anxious. I've organized three different currencies, US dollars, Aussie dollars, and Euros. I hope I wont need all the different currencies, but just in case.... Dubai is where we have a stop over, and from what I've heard, they only really accept US dollars. Maybe some shopping? I don't know. There are so many things I don't know, I'm excited to be able to find out.
I don't know when I will be able to blog next, so if you don't hear from me, I'm most likely having a really great time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello again!
We just met a few hours ago in the train Darmstadt-Mainz.
I found your blog and now I have to leave a comment.
I can tell everyone out there on the other end of the world that you seem to be okay :o)
At least you survived a german girl taking to you without any break - sorry about that but it was great to meet you two!
I wish you a wonderful time in Germany and I hope you get to know many nice Germans! Usually we are quite nice and easy to handle - we don't bite :o)

Hope to hear from you!
All the best and again "Alles Gute zum Geburtstag" :o)

Judith, Rüsselsheim
Germany

Anonymous said...

hey there,

hows germany so far? hope ur having fun... tell us if anything.. "interesting" comes up..

well, i was gonna ask for cj's number but i remembered that i already have it :P.

im planning on going to a comedy night on sunday, and if i can get hold of tickets im gonna invite chris, but cant tell cuz they get sold out quick, especially since xmas is coming up...

o well, till next time man, cya
P.S. send us a postcard :P