Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Anzac day

Yesterday was anzac day. Chris had never been to the dawn service before, so I insisted that we go. So, like the crazy people we are, at 5am we are in the car, on the way to the city. Upon arrival in Melbourne, we were greeted with a considerable amount of traffic. Not surprisingly, we struggled to find a car parking spot and did not want to park in a on standing zone like many others had done. Chris opted for the next best thing; being to park in the alexander gardens. We managed to get to the shrine in time for the end of the dawn service. After the official part of the morning was complete, we ate breakfast and headed home.
Later in the day, Mum had David and Nyssa over for lunch. Grandma also came over. I had to leave early because I had to work, so I didn't catch up with david as much as I would have liked.

No comments: